Would You Be Shocked If You Found Out That A JW That YOU Knew Was Here?

by minimus 72 Replies latest jw friends

• mummatron
    mummatron

Actually, since my last post on this thread, I think I may have rumbled a fader. I've sent them a PM. I really hope it is who I suspect as I had quite a bit of respect for this person when I was 'in' as he was/is genuinely nice (as opposed to the nicey-nicey, fake-ass JWs who couldn't really give a monkey's).

*Crosses fingers and waits for a PM*....

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

I haven't gone through this thread in it's entirety, but this question is ironic at this very moment. There's a younger former brother on here that I've shaken hands with, sat at tables with, possibly eaten with, but I can't recall if we ever grubbed together? I know his mother, know his formerly close friends and they were very tight as I don't recall ever seeing one of them without the other two, occasionally one more being with them. Two of them gave their first public talks fairly recent, and I asked one of them about him, and he told me that he quit The Truth cold turkey. I put two and two a few months ago as the former brother posted something that made my eyebrow raise, certain specifics in his post seemed overly familiar to me. I know this former brother's elder body, all the ministerial servants at that hall, and a couple of his threads really humored me because I know ALL the players he was referring to. His COBOE is someone that I speak with at least once every couple weeks.

There's another former brother on here, and one might say prominent apostate of the online nature. He's of the long winded sort when it comes to his threads and posts, but his insight and experiences dealing with the Borg are invaluable. I've never met him personally, but I'm under the impression that he's only about twenty minutes to a half hour drive away from where I reside. I could be wrong, but I don't think I am.

Another sister on here resides relatively close to me, and she PMd me as she saw similarities in our weather patterns. I have a hunch that she's only a matter of an hour or so away from me, although I have not the foggiest idea who she may be. I guess one can say that anything is possible when it comes to her.

• smiddy
    smiddy

I`m a little bit more disappointed in the fact that someone you dont know, persnally , but knows someone you know, who is still an active witness and then blabs to them, your on this site.(After establishing contact with you via a pm ) then having no more contact with you after their"judas" trait

smiddy

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I wasn't surprised when I found out that a jw woman I knew during my childhood recognized me on this site. I should not have been surprised that said woman went and blabbed to my mother that I was and still am on this site. Therefore I really hope she was surprised that I called her out for the as the biatch she truly is. I've heard nothing further from my mother about what the jw biatch said.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

MrsJones, yet none of them saw the irony in her (the jw biatch) being on an "apostate" board in the first place!

If I found someone I knew here, I wouldn't be shocked, I'd be thrilled!!!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

BP, you're right and I truly believe that jws program themselves not to see the irony.

• factfinder
    factfinder

I would be happy too to find someone I know here!

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Was I ONCE that frightened of this place? Well, I suppose I was. WOW. But that is not really surprising to me. Jw's are cowards in general. Afraid of God. Afraid of Satan. Afraid of demunz. Afraid to die. Afraid to live. Afraid of growing old. Afraid of personal decisions. Afraid of personality. Afraid to explore, learn or love unconditionally.

AK Jeff, that was probably the most succint and relevant description of JWs I have ever seen.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

I would be shocked if there weren't any JWs that I knew here. I have been in the Santa Barbara, Van Nuys, Reseda, San Fernando/Sylmar congregations.

• Ill wind blowing
    Ill wind blowing

I'd be delighted to know of any.

Bizzy Bee, thou has a PM.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit