Hot?

by rebel8 32 Replies latest jw friends

• rebel8
    rebel8

Hot enough for ya? Just thought I'd get that out of the way. You knew you were going to hear that saying today!

What? Did you think this thread was going to be about something else?

What's the forecast where you live? Here in the tundra it's supposed to be 98 (heat index 105).

The media is practically peeing their pants with excitement that we're going to break a record! Libraries and government offices are shutting down because it's too hot to operate. (I am reminded of how I mock the warmer climates for shutting down when they get a little snow. Now we're the lightweights! lol)

IMO lemon ice is the best thing to cool off, and it's really easy to make. Off to get out my ice cream maker....

• cantleave
    cantleave

It's dull and wet here in the UK.

• sizemik
    sizemik

Ha Ha Ha . . . sorry, but this made me chuckle . . .

There's fresh snow on the mountains. It got to 11 C here today . . . going down to -3 overnight . . . I'm huddled in front of a roaring log fire. If I had a lemon ice . . . I'd want to swap it for some hot soup LOL

• Coffee House Girl
    Coffee House Girl

woke up to 89 degrees and humid at 7am in MI....ick

I still want mint chocolate chip ice cream though...and a nice cold after work tonite

CHG

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I am surprised that they didn't "take advantage of the crisis" and shut down power, creating blackouts and blaming stress on the system for them. (Like they did during the "cold(??)" snap in Texas--like when it was in the single digits in parts of Texas that are in zones 6b and 7a, where such temperatures are expected.

I am still waiting for such reports of blackouts in New England, particularly if New York City or Boston reaches 100. So far, no blackouts in northern Illinois and parts of Wisconsin away from Chicago.

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

Horrible summer here in Kelowna. We might have hit 30C/86F twice this year which is unually cold for this time of year. Unusually wet and overcast for the summer here too, I was told it was the coldest spring in 40 years from an old native here, so I would say it's not Hot at all. I was hoping to have more fun in the sun this year but it looks like this won't happen :(

• cult classic
    cult classic

Here in OH it's going to hit 105 w heat index...

Making some lemon ice now... I LOVE LEMON ICE

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Heat Indices all over the Great Lakes area are well over 100F. Our current temp is 99.5, and our heat index is around 107F. No let up for the next four days, with mirror forecasts here.

I work outside, on a hot tarmac sitting on top a diesel engine. It will 130F in that cab for the next three days I am guessing. Not looking forward. Ironic that, for my co-workers inside the building are in 34F to -20F refrigeration for produce and frozen foods. I will likely find more 'reasons' than normal this weekend to pop inside to 'check something'. 14 hours, three days in a row, in that shit, is no fun.

Jeff

• paladin
    paladin

As I mentioned on another thread, our temperature dropped down to 60F degrees last night in South Central Saskatchewan. I try and send some cool air your way.

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

96 here in Boulder, CO. It feels too hot to even go to the swimming pool.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit