Car Full of JW's while I'm at the Car Wash............

by Terry 68 Replies latest jw experiences

• flipper
    flipper

TERRY- You did a hell of a job explaining things to this JW clone . Don't berate yourself or put yourself down for what you DIDN'T say ! Believe me- what you DID say will resonate in this JW guy's brain for a long, long time. You were able to inform him that unjust decisions and rulings happen in the JW organization- and that was fantastic !

I did something similar to a JW I knew 8 years ago . He said he had heard I'd been DFed. I said " No. You heard wrong. " Then I explained to him how I fought my JC and won my appeal of my DFing. Ad how my daughters shun me, etc. etc. So many times we can really help these JW's by informing them and giving them access to information about unjust rulings by elders and WT higher ups . You know they won't hear about the negative INSIDE the organization - so I felt you showed great courage to speak up. Job well done my friend

• lonestar63
    lonestar63

I agree with Black Sheep.

You did great.

• jam
    jam

Terry, I admire how you handle it. You came out

from the start, I was one of you, I,m DF, now what.

The arrogant brother who call you A lie, he is A jack

ass, plain and simple.

• Terry
    Terry

This is Monday. I'm wondering why a car chock full o' JW's was out crammed in tight working, of all places, a CAR WASH??

That's just weird, now that I think about it.

We are in the middle of a heat wave. That might have something to do with it. The ambient temperature is about One Oh Five!

I think these people, dressed up like they're going to the Stork Club for martinis, don't want to get out of the air-conditioned car.

Can the whole lot of em count the time if only one guy is handing out Watchtowers?

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Can the whole lot of em count the time if only one guy is handing out Watchtowers?

Sure can! In fact bet they counted DOUBLE TIME in lieu of hazard pay ( extreme heat conditions/rabid apsostate persecution )..

Make that double time-AND-A-HALF!

• Joey Jo-Jo
    Joey Jo-Jo

Terry im sure they can count time even when they are asleep. Everyone that visits me from my congregation comes during witnessing hrs and they hardly talk about the bible"hey are you doing? hows things? you comming to the meeting? No? have a great afternoon". One jw broke up with his girlfriend because she showed doubts, another time he told while witnessing he spoke to a guy that was a jw and left because of 1975 he told me smilling.

• Quandry
    Quandry

First of all, it wouldn't have mattered what you said after saying you were df'd. That automatically negates anything you say in their minds.

At least they can't say you were nasty to them. You kept your cool.

It seems like they were trying to "keep their cool" also...going to places where they wouldn't have to get out of the car. No fair-they should be suffering for the Kingdom's sake.

I remember getting dressed up to go in FS when it was sooooo hot I felt like I was melting.....I'm also in Texas.

You got the better end of the deal. They had to spend gas money and find victims...you got to wash your car and go home in peace.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

I've had that same shaky feeling.... It's disconcerting when you know you've dealt with all the facts... but something just seems to take over. I had 2 experiences that come to mind.... one when they came to my door, and I didn't hear the doorbell... and my son told me they had been there... and I found them in the neighborhood and told them they were in a cult.

Another time, an article came out that talked about the " glorious ones" in Hebrews.... and the wt applied it to elders... Two female jws came to my door presenting this magazine.... I asked if I could show them something in the magazine. They looked horrified, but said yes. I asked them who they give glory to. They said Jehovah.... and I said "then why does this article say to give glory to your elders?" and turned to the article, and asked the younger one to read it. The older one said it's really not that way it is... I said...Oh yes it is.... I was in your organization for 38 years...and its exactly the way it is." I looked at the younger one and told her she needed to look into that." She said she would....and they left. I was so shaky after they left that I nearly threw up. The shaking lasted over an hour.

This happened years ago...mid to late 90s...but I have never forgotten that feeling. They don't come to my door any more.

Coffee

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Jebus Christ! Terry you did great! Don't sell short your quiet and dignified answer because it is probably the only thing that's going to get through to those jokers. My response would probably have sounded like intermission at a Tourettes Conference.

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

LOL You should have just put the quarters in the machine and hosed them down...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit