Car Full of JW's while I'm at the Car Wash............

by Terry 68 Replies latest jw experiences

• MMXIV
    MMXIV

Terry,

If that was me in the back of the car - what you said would have made more impact on me than any doctrinal discussion or point scoring. Incredible story. And the fact you spoke like a victim gave it huge impact. The only down side is that because you spoke like a victim it brings back the feelings of a victim - something you don't see yourself as anymore. Don't say anything different next time.

mmxiv

• Ding
    Ding

Terry,

I think you did fine.

You told them the truth, and you spoke from the heart.

That's better than some clever, canned line prepared in advance.

It might actually get someone in that car to think.

If not, that's not your fault...

• Terry
    Terry

Okay. You've all convinced me.

I just think I had way too high expectations for myself. Mr.Big Mouth, ya know:)

Next time I'll tell them their mother wears Army boots or some such and turn around and drop my pants.

Dignity and civil discourse and all that!

• Quentin
    Quentin

You did good. Think on it real hard, you'll realize your positive experience the day before with Dub allowed you to be forth rite, calm, polite and truthful to a car load of jw's. Stabbed each one in the heart with that truth, I guarantee it.

It's not what you say, it's what you don't say and how you say it. Sure they rattled your cage, but you terrified them. They were sweating bullets driving away. You did good.

• sprintcmp
    sprintcmp

It was a fantastic response, Terry. And as others have said here, the seed you more than likely planted in the passengers and maybe the driver's heart is the best you could ask for. You know, like they claim to do, planting seeds.

And by the way, do you write professionally? If not, you definitely should. I loved the way you told the story!

• Sargeant Pepper
    Sargeant Pepper

You did great

I wish I could tell my parents "You know you said that the 1914 generation would not pass away, well they did!"

• LV101
    LV101

I think you did GREAT! i can only imagine how difficult explaining the horror of being victimized by the watchtower frauds. that's extremely distressing but i can only imagine what the others in the car were thinking w/your real truth. even hearing negative talk and warnings about apostates at conventions raised major doubts and questions in my mind and i wanted to talk to them.

• Terry
    Terry

Funny how it is never about anything they have done wrong. They get King's X. "Just human." Yet, when it comes to demanding obedience to "just human"

it goes the other way. "Anointed of Jehovah." King's X.

Falsifiability is non-existent for their doctrine and the Organization.

• ekruks
    ekruks

It's like they never grew up, like they are kids
    There are lots of people like that, of all religions, even without religions, but few have so much power and influence as religion permits
    It's how things are.... the most capable don't always lead, etc..... life is a mess

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit