Watchtower and Pets – a Picture

by Marvin Shilmer 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Watchtower and Pets – a Picture

Watchtower and Pets, an illustration that caused lots of heartache: http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com/2011/07/watchtower-pets.html

Marvin Shilmer

http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com

• afreeman
    afreeman

A few years ago this very thing was repeated in the pioneer school. They basically said that pets should not be allowed inside the house, if at all. I, of course, say screw them. I'll keep my pets where it's best for them. Inside.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

WAHH WAHHH WAHHHH WAAAAAAHHH!!! (sad trombone)

That is both sad and hilarious at the same time. Thanks!

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

OH MY GOODNESS. This clears something up for me. Sometime in the 90's I was reading something about ancient Israelites. It was mentioned that the Israelites did not keep animals in their homes. There was something about the wording the made me think they disapproved of animals in the house. They didn't actually say it, but the tone was there. At the time I thought I was simply reading something into it. NOW I think maybe I did understand.

NC

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

They basically said that pets should not be allowed inside the house

Afreeman: Could you expound on this? I'd love to hear what they said and how they reasoned.

I was looking over publishers one day and their requirements. One Christian press would not accept children literature with talking animals. It made me giggle, but now I wonder if there is some school of belief that takes fear of animal worship to whole new levels.

NC

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

The idiocy of playing god can be seen in many of the WTS. articles over the years.

Do people really worship their pets ?

Its true I think some people sometimes get way over emotionally involved with their pets to perhaps an imbalanced state.

But the wording used here is so full of guilt ridden posturing it becomes a nonsensical commentary.

• sabastious
    sabastious

source: Watchtower Pets

LOL!

-Sab

• shamus100
    shamus100

This is what happens when you worship your pet. BEWARE! :D

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

The guy in the bad illustration looks like he's saying to himself,"Mmmmmmmm kitty, you look as tasty as that cow. Yummmm!!!"

• afreeman
    afreeman

@NewChapter

There isn't much to explain, they simply said that if you did certain things to your pet(s) (like letting them inside, buying them accesories, loving them too much) it constituted idolatry.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit