Watchtower and Pets – a Picture

by Marvin Shilmer 41 Replies latest jw friends

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

That has got to be one of the weirdest pictures the society has ever published

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

The Hinduism worship of cows is about as archaic as the WTS. in its self worshiping form.

If only some cows had their own publishing company, they would give the WTS. a good run for their money.

• Free!!
    Free!!

Moreover, the Bible compares those unworthy of a resurrection to the "unreasoning animals [that are] born naturally to be caught and destroyed."—2 Peter 2:9-12. (http://www.watchtower.org/e/20040222a/article_02.htm)

Ok, so i looked around their website and i found this article, they talked ok about pets, but never touch the subject of the how owning a pet may affect your service (keep in mind, this article is part of the website aim to the public to get more people to listen to the JWs)..... Still they keep saying, is pets are a lower life form and we may do we them as we please as long as we don't torture them for pleasure... well, i disagree with one thing here, i do believe that even though animals may not be able to express in words what they feel, the DO have feelings and want to be cuddle and loved... but that's just me!!

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

You think this is outlandishly stupid, take a look back how the WTS. once demonetized aluminum and anything made out of aluminum.

Is the WTS. run and guided by stupid poorly educated men.......you bet it is.

But they play god so well don't they ?

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Never read the article from where this picture pertains too but I'm guessing it has something to do with some religious faiths worshiping animals.

Just a guess .

• St George of England
    St George of England

Guess they wouldn't be impressed with my cat then...

George

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

Years ago I think the late 70's or early 80's the sunday public talk was on animals. It was 45 mins. of hate of animals because according to the speaker they are not intelligent. They cannot worship god so they are nothing. My wife and I look at each other and said this quy does not have a clue about animals. Pets back then were look down on as a waste of time in our area. I wish that would have woke us up back then but it didn't. The JW cult claims to be the true religion but hates the biggest creation god did. Why because they are not intelligent according to them. In fact in the last few years they are finding animals are very intelligent. More than they ever thought. What do you expect from a bunch of old men cooped up in a apartment building in the middle of a city. Totally ADD

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

Watchtower 1st Sept 1955, page 517,

''In Western lands, such as the United States, animal worship takes the form of sentimentalizing over pets.''

''And there are other worshipers of animals. Those who feel there must be a place in heaven for pets; those who are so concerned with the plight of lower animals that they are oblivious of God's requirements or the miseries of their fellow men. Included among such are many among the vegetarians and antivivisectionists. Their zeal resembles that of the ancient Egyptians.''

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

Watchtower 15th March 1952, page 168,

17 Animals will be controlled and peace established between them and men. Now we enjoy having cats and dogs for pets, and in some parks get an added thrill when a squirrel or pigeon eats out of our hand, and as we walk through the zoos we may even have a desire to fondle the furry mane of the lion or stroke the striped pelt of the tiger. But we wisely quench this natural urge, for we know that while we would be running our hands through its fur it might be running its teeth through our hands. The wild animals mistrust us as much as we mistrust them. However, in the new world man will exercise dominion, not through fear and dread, or by hunters or zoo keepers or circus trainers, but through such perfect mutual trust that even a little child can lead the wildest of beasts. Even the lion will turn vegetarian then.-Isa. 11:6-9; Hos. 2:18.
    18 Also carried to complete fulfillment then will be the mandate to fill the earth with a righteous human race. What a pleasure this will be in paradise earth, with all the animals for pets

• sizemik
    sizemik

All the shepherds who left the 99 in order to find the 1 who was lost, were clearly animal worshippers. Kindness to an animal taken to that level is a direct threat to pure worship. It's in the Bible.

Also . . . the young man in Nathan's illustration to David who slept with his lamb, was an animal worshipper as well. David had nothing to feel guilty about. Nathan was wrong. That's in the Bible too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit