New to this site. Scared, Lonely and in a lot of pain due to shunning by my family.

by wonder*woman 59 Replies latest jw friends

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Have you been DFd for a while and they just started shunning you? If so it might be due to the 7/15 WT (jw.org if you can stand to read it) where they really put the pressure on JWs to avoid "apostates" in one article and shun DFd family in another.

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

Welcome. Being here will help so much. There is so much variety of thought on every subject it's refreshing to connect with real humans.

Ever heard the saying you have to laugh to keep from crying reading the humor here is so therapeutic. Who else is going to get this stuff but us who are fleeced. Love You!!!

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

Welcome. Being here will help so much. There is so much variety of thought on every subject it's refreshing to connect with real humans.

Ever heard the saying you have to laugh to keep from crying reading the humor here is so therapeutic. Who else is going to get this stuff but us who are fleeced. Love You!!!

• karter
    karter

Hello wounder women and a BIG WELCOME.

Fell free to share your story as you will have a listening ear around here.

Karter.

• Open mind
    Open mind

((((( wonder woman )))))

You're among friends here.

What a beautiful, painful first post.

Wishing you strength on your path.

om

• moshe
    moshe

Welcome. This is a good forum.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Welcome Wonder Woman! So glad you have a place you can reach out to for support.

I have never been officially shunned--yet--but unofficially I felt its sting. At first it bothered me so much. As time went on, I realized that they no longer shunned me, I shunned THEM. Give yourself time. None of us can say how long you will grieve or how bumpy that road will be. But we CAN tell you it gets better. We made it through and so will you. Just know that the pain eases and a beautiful new life opens up. Try to make some friends. Join a club, voluteer, go back to school. There are as many ways to make friends as people on this board. But make friends. We weren't meant to be isolated from each other---it's cruel. So WT policy is nothing but cruel. It won't get the best of you though, because now EVERYONE is a potential friend. Choose wisely.

NC

• Ding
    Ding

Welcome!

So sorry to learn of your pain.

You're among friends here.

I have not personally endured shunning, but if it would helpful to you to talk privately about it, feel free to PM me any time.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I'm so sorry you are suffering this way.

It will get better, one day at a time.

Shunning is cruel, and it's a tool used by cults to control people. Remember that the wtbts is a cult, and that you will be better off outside it. I was born in also, got baptized young to make my family happy. Your children especially will be better off if they are brought up outside that org.

• Quandry
    Quandry

Welcome.

I am so sorry you are being shunned. It is a cruel way to treat people and does extend pain deep to the soul, as you so aptly expressed it.

I also remember the trembling and shaking that accompanied my first post here, and the feelings of satisfaction that I could reach out to people who understood.

I am not disfellowshipped but it is just a technicality. My husband and I are "dangerous" so are unofficially shunned..amounts to the same, but I don't have any family in as you obviously do, and my pain stems from the fact that I distanced myself from my family as the WTS was my family for so many years. At any rate, we all have pain and scars from the WTS and so can really feel for you.

Please stay with us and let us help you to feel a bit better.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit