New to this site. Scared, Lonely and in a lot of pain due to shunning by my family.

by wonder*woman 59 Replies latest jw friends

• wonder*woman
    wonder*woman

Hello,

This is my very first post to this forum. I am begging for some much needed encouragment and support by those who are kind hearted and know exactly the PAIN shunning causes. First off, let me tell you a little about myself. I am a 30 year old former Jehovah's Witness and a mother of two beautiful girls. I am an honest, loving, strong, smart, open minded human being who loves everyone for who they are. I treat everyone the way I would want to be treated and I strive to be a good person in general. I was baptized at the age of 13 ... why? Because at the ripe age of 13 I thought for sure that I was dedicating my life to JEHOVAH and ONLY Jehovah. I was not at all aware that I was dedicating my LIFE to the watchtower society. I also wanted to because there was a lot of problems in my home life and I wanted to make my Mom and Dad proud of me and everyone else in the kingdom hall. It was just the thing to do. If I knew then what I know now....man, even typing this out is scary all in itself. I can NOT believe that this is even happening. It is a nightmare. I need to note: I have always been there for my family. I have always excepted their faith and have not even said a word about it to them. I respect anybody who has faith in anything. who are we as humans to say what one can believe in ??? I had nothing but profound respect for my dad especially because of his undying faith. I just knew inside that it was not for me. But at the same time... I kept it in the back of my head as to always keep an open mind about it, afterall I was born into this religion and it was all I knew. UNTIL.... the shunning began 3 weeks ago. (Ironic isn't it)

This pain is so overwhelming. I describe it as a toxic substance that is constantly flowing through my soul. I feel violated and sucked dry. I am a human being and this is just so wrong on so many levels. This is spiritual abuse and psychological torture. If you are wondering why I am being shunned... just ask. But in the meantime... can someone out there who has experienced this incredible pain send me some encouraging words? Can someone out there please advise me on how to grieve over family who are still alive?

thank you for taking the time to read this...

• bohm
    bohm

oh dear i am so very sorry... i cant even imagine what you must be thinking .

is there any chance your mum may be less strict? that they will see you as to have contact with your children? Some experience shunning for a periode, then some softening.

victims making victims... it is such an evil cult.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Oh, it gets so much easier. You have a long ways to go, so just take it one day at a time.

Life is what you make it to be - you can make it anything you want, and go as far as you want. :)

Trust me. :)

I remember my first post too - I was so nervous!

• flipper
    flipper

WONDER*WOMAN- So very nice to have you here my friend. I'm so sorry you are going through this shunning by your family. Perhaps a little more information may help us to assist you in how to deal with your situation. Are you inactive or not attending meetings which cause them to shun you ? Are you DFed recently ? Or have you just spoken to JW family members about your doubts and they are shunning you ? With a little more info we may be able to give you more functional and accurate ideas - if you get my drift ?

I have experienced shunning myself by JW family members. It's definitely no fun. Very hurtful in fact. But you will make it my friend. So hoe 'bout a little more information about what's led to this shunning ? Help is on the way

• designs
    designs

Guess what, you just have new friends.

• yesidid
    yesidid

I really feel for you, it must be dreadful. ((((((((((Wonder*woman))))))))))))

We have been very lucky. Our family has let us fade.

I don't know how I could possibly cope with shunning. Especially if I couldn't speak to the little ones.

'nother hug (((((((((Wonder*women)))))))))))

y

• Heaven
    Heaven

Welcome Wonder Woman!

I am sorry to hear that you are suffering right now. I am glad you had the courage to join and post. Keep reading and posting -- it is very therapeutic.

I had to accept that I had partially lost my family early in life. It's an acceptance you have to come to in time. Try to fill your void with good friends and activities. Focus on what positive goals you wish to accomplish. Live your life and enjoy it.

In some ways, we become orphans far too early in life when our folks are JWs.

• dm6
    dm6

Hello Wonder Woman! Welcome to the forum

I am pretty much new myself here, just been a lurker in the background for several months and recently started posting.

i think you will find you will get an enormous response from everone here, because everyone here has been through if not the same, almost similar to what you are going through and here is your support.

Dont be afraid to talk about the reason you were disfellowshipped over(if you are afraid to mention it) people here have been there and done that with a lot of bad things, but none of us would even bat an eyelid.

The jehovahs witnesses may be very friendly and think they are Gods chosen people, but they couldnt be further from the truth.

I am so sorry you have been victimized to this disfellowshipping, i know Jesus Christ certainly would not treat people this way, after all, if your child falls down you dont throw him back down again.

Feel free to open your heart up to everyone here, becasue all these people have helped me, and we have all helped each other in the same way we will for you.

Keep strong and dont worry, becasue before you know it being disfellowshipped was probably the best thing that could ever happen to you.

Things will come good with your family.

dm6

• factfinder
    factfinder

wonder*woman-

Welcome!

I'm sorry to hear you are so depressed-that your family are shunning you. I have a jw brother and he and his wife disowned me a year ago.

Perhaps you could share more information? I was nervous writing my first post too. You did the right thing coming to jwn for encouragement and support. Many here have also gone through what you are experiencing-I'm sure some of them will post helpful comments for you.

• talesin
    talesin

This pain is so overwhelming. I describe it as a toxic substance that is constantly flowing through my soul. I feel violated and sucked dry. I am a human being and this is just so wrong on so many levels. This is spiritual abuse and psychological torture.

Love yourself, and express that through meaningful work,,, if you're a full-time mom, make sure you have time for doing what makes you happy, if you are working outside of home, make sure you enjoy it, whether you're flippin' burgers or managing an ad firm ...

oth

welcome to jwn from me,,, and I do know how you feel,, many others do as well.

It feels overwhelming, but the pain will ease,,,

breathe in,,, out .. in,,, out .... in ,, out ...

we are here with you... there is always someone around on JWN :)

you're not alone anymore, and .. best of all,

you have your beautiful children.

talesin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit