Logical Questions to Make Them Think?

by sweet pea 37 Replies latest jw experiences

• Dagney
    Dagney

sp:

How many times does a loving, all powerful creator need to wipe out his creation and start over? Why even once?

If god loves mankind and life is so precious, why didn't he bring the end to this terrible world at 1 billion (2,3,4,5,6 billion) people?

I think you and I chatted about this one once or twice ; but I used this with my brother during our BIG TALK. When he barely mentioned the FDS, I said, "oh about that. Why does a combination of four words used in one scripture and in one translation demand such reverence? If you look at the words within the context of the scripture, the onus is on the 'FDS' as to whether he is treating the master's domestics properly. Nowhere are the domestic's actions or motives toward the 'FDS' questioned or emphasized. Seems like the WTBS are adding additional factors to Jesus' illustration, changing the intent/meaning/focus of it." (hmmmmm?????)

• godrulz
    godrulz

There is a difference between generic questions from skeptics used again all theistic religions (atheism vs theism) and questions specific to WT, but not to non-cultic Christianity (we can go after WT/GB, but not against God, Bible, Christ).

• Liberty93
    Liberty93

The best thing about Christian groups is that they all prove that all of the other ones are wrong.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I haven't use this on anyone yet, but I never understood it and NO ONE has explained it. I can't even find it in the watchtowers library.

Why did jehovah kill David's INNOCENT baby, after torturing it for a WHOLE WEEK with a sickness.

My recollection on this is that Jah did not STRIKE the baby with illness & death, it was just born a sick & dying baby, but Jah had the foresight to know this was going to be the circumstances.

ANYONE?

• wobble
    wobble

Sounds like the WT explanation DOC, just this side of stoopid.

What about the loving god who sent the she-bear to tear to shreds the lads who took the piss out of old baldy Elijah ?

I have never read a half satisfactory justification of that one.

Hey Sweetpea, will you still be in the U.K on 30th July ? "Drinks By The River" , The Riverside Pub, Vauxhall from 4.30pm on, if you can make it.

Getting on for 30 or so XJW's will meet for an Apostabooze. (food too, Wobble needs feeding !)

• agent zero
    agent zero

jwfacts - love the logic on the 4000 year span to evolve to millions of species! i'll be sure to keep that one in my repertoire!

• agent zero
    agent zero

"if the GB are just regular people, why should we obey or trust what they publish, and adversely, if they are directed or inspired by God, how could they be wrong so many times?" (alternative ending could be: why do they need to change or update certain teachings so often?)

i used this one yesterday. http://www2.jehovahs-witness.net/members/private/213132/1/conversation-using-simple-question-feels-successful

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

WOBBLE said: What about the loving god who sent the she-bear to tear to shreds the lads who took the piss out of old baldy Elijah ?

I have never read a half satisfactory justification of that one.

WOBBLE, how about David taking the census & the resulting punishment? David sins and 70,000 innocent Israelites die as a punishment. WTF??

And David was given the choice of personally suffering for his sin: "....or three months of your fleeing before your adversaries...." He didn't choose that!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit