what religion are you now?

by deservingone26 46 Replies latest jw friends

• luna2
    luna2

I wasn't born-in, so I had attended various churches as a kid and young adult. None of them struck me as much more than posturing and a lot of hot air. Then the JWs came along. They were different enough from what I was used to, that I was fooled into thinking they were the real deal for a while. They did an excellent job of debunking other religions, so when I decided they were a sham too, there was nothing that I was interested in pursuing.

• godrulz
    godrulz

sulia: many find Catholicism dead and ritualistic. I appreciate that they have a sound doctrine of God/Christology.

Party: who do you say Jesus is? Who is the God of the Bible? Are you still WT in these things or Protestant (trinity/Deity of Christ)? I am glad you did not throw God out with the WT.

• cantleave
  • ambersun
    ambersun

Like 30 years out I am also drawn towards Wicca (though not practising as this would freak out my JW relatives big time) but my 'religion' is feeling at one with nature, hugging trees, got a garden full of wind chimes and I listen to Wicca songs and New Age music

• Nobleheart
    Nobleheart

Christian. I don't like other labels much, I think this one is enough.

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

I have become a sun-worshipper. Every morning my faith is renewed.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Hare Krishna. I like the robes.

• trevor
    trevor

Epicurean but I'm too busy partying to discuss it with you.

• Girlie
    Girlie

Christian. No affiliation with any particular religion at the moment. Still searching.

• godrulz
    godrulz

Any Pastafarians (FSM) out there?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit