what religion are you now?

by deservingone26 46 Replies latest jw friends

• deservingone26
    deservingone26

Its been a while since Ive been on how is everyone doing? But just curious after you left jehovahs witnesses did you look into other religions? Or are any of you currently involved in any other religions now?

• mrquik
    mrquik

Still waiting for the true religion to show up. Until then, I'm sleeping in late on Sundays.

• Free!!
    Free!!

I went back to....

not believing in organized religion... i think there has to be a God or something somewhere, but no thanks, i tried going to a non-denominational church and i felt like such a hypocrite, i know most people there where IN the moment, i was just looking at how stupid they looked (sorry again!)...

My life motto is "live and let live, your business is none of my business" :)

• 30 years out
    30 years out

I have attended a Unitarian Universalist Fellowship, but found my local group to be a little uninspired though friendly, affirming, and welcoming.

I have, for the last 15 years practiced Wicca as a solitary practitioner. Over the last few years my partner has joined me in this practice. We have also studied Buddhism and Hindu thought so our spirituality tends to be rather eclectic. We have found a huge spiritual community where religion is not required.

Freedom is sweet!

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

I attended Unitarian services for a while after I left the JWs. The sermons were informative, more like a college lecture. The people were friendly and interesting to talk to. But I found Episcopal services did more for my spirituality so in 1991 I was received into the Episcopal Church.

The nice thing about being out of the JW religion is that one is free to make their own choice regarding religion or no religion.

• Scott77
    Scott77

Iam back to my catholic root. The flexibilty is an attraction. I enjoy sharing wine and bread on sunday. Its a thing I missed for 16 years of misguidance from the Watchtower.

Scott77

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

I'm becoming an atheist. Although it's not a religion - it's NOT, it's a way of thinking critically, actually, it's thinking for yourself instead of letting others do it for you - I am getting convinced that God and Bible are born in somebody's imagination and everyone should be free to either believe or not believe in it.

• talesin
    talesin

I looked at what other religions believed,, it seems like the same thing, but recycled or twisted into a different kind of pretzel ... so no religion pour moi! :)

Tho you could say I worship in the church of the holy trees and leaves, the church of the earth, wind and sky,,, of soft kittens' fur and sharp tiny claws, the church of life, so to speak.

tal

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

I've been reading Thomas Paine quite a bit lately and this quote pretty much describes my state of mind these days:

Independence is my happiness, and I view things as they are, without regard to place or person; my country is the world, and my religion is to do good.

• talesin
    talesin

poopsie,, cool - don't you just love reading philosophy?

Never thought of it that way, but Emerson ... yah,,, could be a religion. At lease, BF Skinner thought so.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit