JW nephew graduation party cancelled... your insight is requested

by Alfred 64 Replies latest jw friends

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

Just saw this now - so your sister cancelled the graduation party - how? By telephoning all the invitees and explaining that their son had been convicted in the Court of F8cebook? And that, because of whatever was revealed there, his achievements during his school years was no longer worth celebrating? PETTY and PATHETIC. The trouble is, the mind-dead drones are programmed to accept these 'punishments' as deserved and in typical Puritan fashion, if it means cancelling any reverie, so much more righteous do they feel!

Ok - so my 2c...not knowing your relationship with your sister, if it were me, I would bemoan and bewail the fact that I had bought the plane tickets, made all the arrangements to attend believing the invitation to be genuine and at utter disbelief in what I was hearing vis-a-vis cancellation. If there were a legitimate reason to cancel the party like illness or accident, ok - but this? This is ludicrous...

The longer I am away from DUBLAND, the more crazy a place it becomes...sorry to hear about this and hopefully your nephew sees the light that much quicker...

• Alfred
    Alfred

Unbelievable update... I don't even know where to be begin, so I'll just cut to the chase...

My nephew has left his home last night and has moved into an apartment!!! He has also decided to stop attendingmeetings for good!!! I got a text from my non-JW sister (his aunt that he confides in) so I immediately called him to offer my support... he said he was fine for now and that he just needed some time alone to clear his head. His main reason for leaving: "I just got tired of having to be spiritual all the time."

Before we ended the call he said that he believes this religion is for people who have problems in their lives and need some kind of support system. Other than that, he really has no use for it since there are way too many rules and things you can't do. This kid is smart.

I guess I really shouldn't be surprized about any of this considering what he went through recently, yet I'm still trying to understand how an extremely spiritual, hard-core JW kid (son of a well-respected elder) would leave the borg cold-turkey the way he did... if anything, they usually just fade... but he went out in style IMO.

Anyway, I thought I'd share... can't wait to talk to my nephew some more (when he's done clearing his head)...

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions!

Alfred

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Those were not great reasons for leaving, Alfred. They were similar to mine. I was not being smart at all.

You need to find out if he knows for sure that the WT is not god's channel. Until he fully understands that, the WT still has a hook in him and he could jump back into the cult if something pushes the right buttons.

• Alfred
    Alfred

Black Sheep... you're right... he's not fully aware of everything so he left for the wrong reasons... This is why I will give him some time to clear his head and then I will start talking to him about 1914, the FDS, the flip-flops, everything... in due time...

thanks!

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

He seems almost too mature for his age. Fear of rejection would still floor me. Perhaps his high school friends and/or teacher counselor are giving him support. I hope someone will still throw him a graduation party. When I was his issue, losing my family was jiminity cricket on the surface but very deep hurt inside.

His parents certainly lost a sob in an attempt to discipline him for being so horrod as getting good grades and wanting to go to college. Looking back at public school, my teachers turned a blind eye to obbvious marks of abuse. Whenever I announced I was going to secretarial school to be just like my mom, the law was laid down. I was told I must go to college and that I would do well. They did not give a !@#$%^&* that my parent's religions taught otherwise. I recall being very confused. I wanted to please my parents and I wanted to please my teachers b/c if I did please them, I would certainly be murdered.

I am glad for the tension. My teachers always addressed it around the fact.

You should be so proud of your nephew. My nephew used to harangue me about my religion. They were rather ignorant Catholics. Polical wars broke out. I went announced religion and politics were not the issue but the rude imposition of power by the hosts. My nephews voice gave me the shivers and fright. I knew he was too young to come up this with rudeness by himself. Well, after one semester at college, away from home, he has manners! He is a delight now. He even acknowledges that he was very rude to me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit