Why I didn’t left JW an don’t plan to do so

by Lazarus 81 Replies latest jw experiences

• Fernando
    Fernando

Hey Lazarus!

Thanks for the update.

You are doing a much better job of English than most of us would with your "mother tongue" or "first language".

Greetings, blessings and peace to you and yours

Fernando

(Why do followers of the Watchtower religion call themselves “publishers of the Good News” whilst unfamiliar with the “Good News” according to Paul, Moses, Isaiah and Psalms?)

• Think About It
    Think About It
    (sadly my english skills neither)

I see much improvement. Keep up the good work.

Only you will know the exact right time to leave, if that is what you choose.

• Pickler
    Pickler

Hey Lazarus, I am DFd.

Only a few times in my life have I experienced a kind of divine moment, one was at my JC...when they sent me out of the room so they could discuss/pray,

I sat in the kitchen and suddenly I was overcome with strong emotions, I wanted out, my biggest fear was that they were just going to reprove me.

I believe that I needed that moment in order to access that feeling, if you know what I mean? That extreme situation forced me to confront my true feelings. Us JW have been taught not to trust or believe our own instincts, because they are flawed, imperfect. So we don't. I didn't want to be in TT for many years, but I stayed, why? I still can't really explain it.

20 years later I still struggle with simply doing what I want, I am trying, but it's tough.

Do what you want & what will make you happy now, if staying in the org will make you most happy, great! If you are not sure, can you take some time out? A retreat of sorts?

Good luck to you whatever you decide!

• jgnat
    jgnat

It seems to me that there are fewer reasons to stay, and a higher price to pay. Melting brains must be painful. There are no rewards in the next life for people who sacrifice all their joy in this one. Given the freedom, what woud you do with your time?

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Bro, If my wife woke up we would be gone already! I pray that my wife will see TTATT!! We would tell everyone the truth about the WTBTS and let them make their choice. If your wife knows TTATT, then you are blessed IMO. The Organization is going down eventuallly, don't waste any more time serving the GB and their delusions. Jesus does not want you to serve the GB.

peace,

DD

• Roberta804
    Roberta804

Gosh I am glad you were never a patriot for freedom like the American founding Fathers, or Scotland's William Wallace. If that were the case we would still be under the rule of Britian.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

And if we were ruling you Roberta, we would jolly well make you behave yourself. you naughty girl !

Good Luck Lazarus, may you and those you love be free soon.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Thank you for the update.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Thanks for updating. I could never do what you do, but try to understand the decision in others to stay. I highly recommend you just let your wife skip meetings and join her often.

Regardless of your reasons for staying, your family can get used to your missing meetings. For your people, blame your wife. For hers, blame you.

• clarity
    clarity

Lazarus ... glad to hear that all your brains haven't leaked out yet!

>

Most of the time, we do know what would be the best for us,

and you do know.

>

But usually it is .......all about timeing.

>

Maybe the timeing is not right for you just yet.

That's OK.

<

All of us have a 'big blackboard' inside us, where every

one of OUR life's pains, grievances, joys, & wants are

chalked down .................................................

>

We don't often get moved to action until

we get pushed over the edge......................

>

until the chalk finally breaks!

clarity

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit