I hate JW jargon!!! (Alternatives please!)

by VampireDCLXV 61 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

I agree with you Vampire. When I was in as a elder I would tell others the word worldly was wrong to use. Because it was a prejudice viewpoint against ones who were not JW. It would always stop the one I was talking to in their tracks. They would think about it and usually agree with me. Even then I was unconsciously questioning this cult. Totally ADD

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

"illustration"

I was very surprised when I discovered that JW's call parables "illustrations". I mean why, for goodness' sake?

• MrMonroe
    MrMonroe

"The convention was encouraging" = "I attended the convention. Right now I can't think of anything I learned or was actually interested in. But I want you to know I was there."

"They're blinded by Satan" = "They just won't swallow this shit like I did."

"Immorality" = "Screwing around"

"Self-abuse" = "wanking"

"Wait on Jehovah" = Shut the fuck up.

"A test of our faith" = "A test of how far you'll stay obedient to us when every sense of logic tells you it's bullshit."

"Marry only in the Lord" = "Marry another JW. That means if one of you does the wrong thing, we'll always have an informer."

"The slave" = "Your ruler."

• bigmac
    bigmac

back in the late 60's----"BEHOOVE"----spewd forth from the magazine.

we went out on field service--no--not farming --but door-knocking----it was called "the EFFORT"---

---then it became "the RENDEZVOUS FOR SERVICE"

for krice sake.

• Podobear
    Podobear

A Privilege: A responsibility nobody else wants

• luna2
    luna2

They love their special words, phrases and meanings...it sets them apart from the crowd and makes them feel part of a club. I'm almost surprised they don't have a secret handshake

• EmptyInside
  • EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Oh,I accidentially hit submit when I had nothing to submit,carry on. lol.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Headship Principle/Submission - can you tell I was at a witness wedding this weekend? Why can't a man and woman simply love and respect each other and cooperate together to create a good life for themselves?

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

sheep - JW's

Goats - all non-jws

Field Service - slave labor

kingdom melodies - Really Bad wan't to be music!

Kingdom hall - A building that a cult owns

quick build - no it takes a year like any other building

The new system - a pipe dream that they all made up

the "real" life - cult mind controled

spiritually weak - starting to think

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit