I hate JW jargon!!! (Alternatives please!)

by VampireDCLXV 61 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Thanks Mad Sweeney

• dm6
    dm6

may i also point out some other very annoying "sayings" :

system of things - age

paradise eart

slave (my personal hate)

• Retrovirus
    Retrovirus

"bible trained conscience" - unquestioning obedience to a few men

"honest hearted" - falling for the hype

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

"Right Heart Condition": Actually means "quite gullible" - at least when it comes to swallowing WTS Doctrine.

"Christain Freedom": In the JW world, this translates as "Free to do as you are told."

Bill.

• jeckle
    jeckle

spiritually weak, a commitee matter ( sounds like a pta). oral review reminds me of a line from austin powers heeheehee.

• dm6
    dm6

sorry to not post this in the correct place but i have looked everywhere for the edit profile etc, but can someone please tell me how to change my picture? i dont really like the blue monster too much.....

<--------------

• jean-luc picard
  • Ding
    Ding

This thread reminds me of Walter Martin's comment that "the sheeps' clothing of the cults is vocabulary."

Everything gets redefined to mean whatever the GB wants it to mean.

Example: "generation"

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

I had a patient who was d/f'd. She didn't call it disfellowshipping. She said, "I used to be a Jee-hovah Witness, but they kicked me out!"

I stopped calling it "the truth" when I found out it wasn't.

I was able to call myself an apostate as I worked through the grieving process, the word no longer terrifies me. I began to feel happy and relieved that I did in fact apostasize from a horrible, disgusting and satanic organization. I embrace the word apostate as it is defined by "normal" people- a person who has abandoned his/her faith/religion. I am no longer part of the disgusting thing that causes desolation!

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

i like "apostate". because JWs are afraid of them. it's almost as cool as satan.

when talking to people who didn't share the privilege of growing up a JW i also use "excommunication" instead of "disfellowshipping", because that's a word people actually understand.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit