I hate JW jargon!!! (Alternatives please!)

by VampireDCLXV 61 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JeffT
    JeffT

CF is the abbreviation for "Come Be My Follower" Emptyinside

My military friends will tell you that "Charlie Foxtrot" (CF) = "cluster f***" How appropriate.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

lol JeffT.

A phrase for "new light"means we're really just making it up as we go along. And stretching the overlapping generations for as long as possible.

• Scully
    Scully

I disagree with this one, Vamp:

Experience: Way different usage than is common in non JW circles. Better to use the word Reenactment...

I'm thinking the better word to use is Fabrication.

• petitebrunette
    petitebrunette

"the friends"- because they're the only ones who can really care about you.

• agent zero
    agent zero

oh i agree with SO many posted here already! i can never get myself to call it "the truth" again.. it just souds TOO wrong! also, who ever actually considers a "priviledge" to be a Priviledge?? their vocab is completely saturated with heavily skewed expressions that only support the brainwashing.

the only one i wanted to add to the list is their specific use of appropriate/inappropriate. it gets used arbitrarily concerning anything the WTS is presumed to approve/disapprove of, into the most insignificant details.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

"true Christians know" they use this frase whe they have a "rule" or something but don't have Bibical Proof.

evidently - Same thing when they do there circular reasoning they throw that word in

Elder - oh ya that makes me think the new 30 year old can tell me how to live my life!!

• ziddina
    ziddina

I LOVE this thread!!!!

So many funny replies!! It's channeling my inner smart-aleck!!

Apostate: Someone who's asking too many questions...

Disfellowshipping: A form of punishment that's actually a chance to escape!

Worldly: Someone who was never sucked into the cult...

The "truth": Convenient label for a particular brand of corporate ‘merchandise'...

System of things: Governments and groups who are totally unaware of the "importance" of the Watchtower Society...

Faithful Slave: Men who are supposed to slave for the average Witness by making up their own rules and enslaving everyone else to follow them.

Paradise earth: Carrot-on-a-stick to keep the Rank&File ["slaves"] obedient...

Bible-trained conscience: Mental ‘girdle' that keeps the average JW "in their place"...

Honest-hearted, right heart condition: Emotionally vulnerable to "cult-think" and stubborn enough to cling to it like a drowning man, at the same time...

Wait on Jehovah: The Governing Body will fix it when they get good and ready - meantime, you'd better keep your arss in line if you know what's good for you...

Zid the She-Devil

• mummatron
    mummatron

new light = polishing a turd

faithful/zealous = brainwashed/blinded by 'the light'

field service = bible bashing

I hate JW-speak too. Makes me cringe when out in public with my parents and they use those terms as half the time my partner hasn't a clue what they're on about.

I prefer to use those terms in inverted commas when I write them on here.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Awright, Mammatron, I just spit milk thru my nose when I read yours!!

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Meek = teachable...i.e. a sucker with eyes glazing over ..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit