I don't get these women!

by serenitynow! 67 Replies latest jw friends

• tec
    tec

Now, see, I totally had you pictured as Talahasee. Snakeskin jacket, cowboy boots, hat and all... ;)

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

tec, I do have a van dyke now, a few leather jackets, some boots and such. and own 5 guns. I do love Tallhassee. His momma always told him he'd be good at something, who knew it would be killing zombies.

• Luo bou to
    Luo bou to

Problems developed with my marriage when my wife began to realize that I had no intentions of ever going back to the cancer. We went to see a psyche. He told her she had cognitive dissonance... that it would not matter what I said... That even if I spoke about the weather she would find fault. He told her that only she could change her perception of me. After that counseling session she changed... suddenly we were like a honeymoon couple again..... but it did not last very long. The dissonance was ...Should she trust her own judgment about me or what the Borg said I must be ( an evil person that can't be trusted) She also rejected our son and daughter. They moved out and lived with me. Thankfully I was able to save both myself and them from the cult mentality.

The WT says You can't have a happy marriage unless your both serving Jehovah the GB And they will ,with their propaganda, do their best to make sure you don't. As my psychologist said "All the Elders were in the marriage bed with my wife and I"

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises
    As my psychologist said "All the Elders were in the marriage bed with my wife and I"

And Lady Diana thought her bed was crowded!

EP, very nice pics. How you doin'?

• nugget
    nugget

I don't get it either when push came to shove and the elders asked me to throw my husband under the bus I told them it was not going to happen. We stood together . I guess from the very beginning you are told there are three people in the marriage, husband, wife and god, you are told to put loyalty to god over everything else and you are taught relationships are conditional.

I feel sorry that these women cannot see any way to compromise nor give any value to the years spent together or what they may have been through as a couple. I still think their attitude stinks.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    How you doin'?

LOL @ BP.

Work it, Girlfriend!

EP, in the past, it was not very likely that I would say this, but time brings about a change: You are one good-looking White man.

Syl

• watersprout
    watersprout

LOL at you guys!

Maybe we could have the first EVER JWN wedding! Lol

Peace

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

I am doing just fine, BP.

Syl, thank you very much. And i'm white?

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises
    And i'm white?

Nah, you look pink to me.

• sizemik
    sizemik

Forgive me for changing the subject and getting back on topic but . . .

I have wondered about the foundation of the marriage, when spouses who cease believing get double D'd.

I'm not born-in, but have payed close attention to a number of threads on the born-in experience and wonder if this is a significant contributing factor . . . for example . . .

1. Born-ins are "married" to the bOrg . . . long before they choose a mate. There loyalties are divided from the start.

2. The size of the "pool" to choose from is very small compared to those in the world.

3. Born-in JW youths are restricted from developing balanced relationships with the opposite sex

4. Suppression of natural sexual urges can prompt a hasty decision.

5. Others (parents) often have too much input in the decision.

6. Born-ins often marry young.

There may be additional factors I haven't thought of . . . but all of the above can contribute to a loveless, dutiful marriage which is much easier to walk away from, than dealing with the stigma of staying with a mate who has "turned". Born-ins are heavily disadvantaged in seeking a lasting marriage I feel.

In contrast . . . I have known several members of converted couples who have left . . . including ourselves . . . whose marriages have always held greater value than their respective beliefs, mainly because it predates their religious choice and is based on different criteria.

Any truth in this do you think?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit