District Assembly has my mom complete brainwashed again. Look like I'm in trouble.

by scooterspank 39 Replies latest watchtower bible

• godrulz
    godrulz

Salvation trumps psychological issues and Jesus is the ultimate healer and helper. I appreciate the natural wisdom in what you are saying, but this assumes that death or His return will not thwart the delay. In some ways, it is like marriage. Are we ever truly ready to get married and have kids? Are these things reasons or excuses. The Jews at Pentecost did not need a year or two. They were prepared to follow Christ in a moment even if it meant losing friends, family, and their very lives. I would hope a person responds to the Holy Spirit as He works in their lives and we would not assume we need deprogramming, psychology, etc. (though they may be part of the process; God can do in a moment what man takes years to do or undo).

Does it help if my heart and head are in the right place even if I am a bull in a china shop?

• cantleave
    cantleave

• talesin
    talesin

Does it help if my heart and head are in the right place even if I am a bull in a china shop?

godrulz, that was a very sweet thing to say.

tal

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

SD7 - Good call on the Shasta! Remember Vess cola and lemon lime soda before that? Oh the memories of getting up at the crack of dawn to work tirelessly preparing food for people only to be constantly reprimanded by facist overseers and unhappy patrons.

• scooterspank
    scooterspank

This has been the most traumatic week of my life. I can't get out of bed. I need to burn this bath robe. I want to cry every other minute. My mom was/is my best friend? I don't know that I can get over what happened on Sunday. I don't know how to explain it. I have been out of this s*** for years but she just crushed me. Oh well. I know I'm still much better off than most. I'm just trying to remember that and get my head straight. I had no idea this would have this kind of impact on me. I was FINE!!!! F****** witnesses.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

That's too bad. I hope you feel better soon Scooter. Folks here know what you're going through.

• scooterspank
    scooterspank

"Your life can be your letter and make it as full and happy a one as you can project to them."

This was sent to me on another site similar to this one. I am so thankful to everyone on this site and others. I don't know that I could have made it through the last few months without all of you. But this quote really hit home. My life WILL be my letter. The clouds are clearing. Time to woop it up.

• godrulz
    godrulz

I am in Canada. It occurs to me that JWs probably don't celebrate July 1 Canada Day or do they (same with US July 4)? The local annual Convention starts July 1. I wonder if that is a way to keep JWs from celebrating or just coincidence (they could still party after the day ends though, but they have to get up early for Saturday). I am working, but will be going Sunday afternoon to pray against the Convention and for the people (sitting through dry lectures, I will not do).

• TheListener
    TheListener

Witnesses schedule conventions, assemblies and meetings without regard to worldly holidays. It's part of their neutrality and emphasizes their dedication to God.

• trevor
    trevor

scooterspank Mmm - Such an interesting name.

Various members of my immediate and distant family once told me that I was about to die. Most of them are now dead. Two died early and unexpectedly before they reached 50. Not my blood line - they married in to my family. I am still enjoying the rewards of my sins and pact with the Devil. It pays to know people in low places.

You will be OK! Just remember - all they have is words that they have been brainwashed to repeat. Reality is the great intruder.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit