District Assembly has my mom complete brainwashed again. Look like I'm in trouble.

by scooterspank 39 Replies latest watchtower bible

• scooterspank
    scooterspank

Well, my worst fears have com to fruition. Too emotionally exhausted for details but she came home last night from her assembly. The night ended with her in tears, telling me I'm going to die. She said something that alluded to the fact that perhaps she would no longer be able to be around me. And oh, my poor father (stepped down elder that faded years ago). She'll be a good wife and take care of him but I guess he's as good as dead too. I will continue later.

• baltar447
    baltar447

Stupid cult. Sorry to hear that.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

My mom told me when I first left "it would be better if you were dead." I know the pain

• Essan
    Essan

So sorry to hear this.

This Cult destroys families.

This is a classic example of its sick influence at work.

• designs
    designs

They come home pretty hyped up from those Assemblies, let the kool-aid wear off for a couple of weeks. One thing she sees on some level of consciousness is that you are a great person.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Give it some time. Having attended most of it already, the huge hype will be followed by a huge doldrum. There are huge gaps of logic that I've already begun asking questions about.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Your mom lost her WBT$ Tard,went to the Assembley and got Re-Tarded..

The WBT$ Tard will wear off..She will be normal for awhile..

Until she gets WBT$ Re-Tarded again.

...................... ...OUTLAW

• White Dove
    White Dove

Outlaw,

That is exactly how it went for me.

I'd be normal and feeling like I wish I wasn't born a JW all the way to you're gonna die and I can't have anything to do with you and life isn't worth living if you're not a JW.

Then, after a while, I'd be back to normal, again.

So sorry, Scooter

• jgnat
    jgnat

Yeah, what everyone else said. Using Hassan's methods, keep your mom's cultist personality calm. Don't let her see you or hear you do anything remotely "apostate". (Think of the cultist mom who came home from convention as the "other mom", and send her messages in to a mental file thirteen.) Let your natural personality shine, show genuine warmth, remind her of her favorite things, and reassure her that everything will be all right. Soon your real mom will be back.

• wobble
    wobble

great advice jgnat ! shower Mum with the natural love you feel for her, no Mother can fail to warm to that !

I am going to make a start this week, before my 91 year old mum staggers off to the DC on Friday. And I shall continue when she returns, no talk of religion though !

good luck, hang in there !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit