District Assembly has my mom complete brainwashed again. Look like I'm in trouble.

by scooterspank 39 Replies latest watchtower bible

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

So sorry that your mom got so emotionally wrapped up in this propaganda. I hope the others are right when it comes to ppl's short memories in dubbie land.

My mom was just at the DC herself. I don't want to hear from her if this is what I'm going to get an earful of...

V665V665

• White Dove
    White Dove

My dad is living with a DC daily, his mom.

Guilt trips and you're gonna die...WAAA are a daily thing on my text phone and e-mails.

It's not just the women that do this.

Zealous men do it, too, almost militantly so.

• scooterspank
    scooterspank

Thanks guys! I just want to diasassociate. I don't care any more. I want it official. I wish someone would send me a template for the letter.

• godrulz
    godrulz

Run from the WT and run to the real Jesus (Jehovah in the flesh). Why not write something in your words from your heart? These guys should have no power over you and something to the point should suffice. You are an adult making an informed decision and don't have to make excuses or give reasons for it. Don't let them intimidate nor manipulate/threaten you. You answer to God, not them. I have not been a JW, so others who have quit could give you more practical help/template with a WT mindset in mind.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Dear (Elders of the local governing body)

Be informed that I no longer wish to be associated with the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society. The reasons are my own and I am not prepared to discuss them.

In all sincerity,

Scooter

• sd-7
    sd-7

This is to be expected. When you're there, at least for me, when I believed it, I felt afraid, sad because I wasn't doing enough, and determined to avoid the stuff I really enjoyed doing (be that my favorite shows/movies/music or perhaps that girlie site or thinking of someone I was attracted to). There's an urgent need to defend against outside threats. You're fully convinced that you're doing the right thing. Except...it's sad, because deep down you know you can't be who they want you to be.

Fear and insecurity are masked by coldness towards perceived enemies of the 'truth'. I don't know. I could be wrong.

I would also blame it on too much Shasta. I saw a lovely 24-pack of Shasta cans at the store recently. It brought back old memories.

--sd-7

• White Dove
    White Dove

I don't get why the fundies of the board like to tell someone just leaving one faith (I know YOU got out 18 years ago) to run to another.

I'd take time to cool my heels and get my head on straight, first.

You don't need a template for a letter.

Just make it short and sweet, like others have shown here.

• godrulz
    godrulz

It would be bad to run from one lie to another lie. It would be helpful and good to run from the false to the true. The ultimate issue is having relationship with the Living God through Christ, not getting on a different religious treadmill. God commands all men everywhere to repent and believe (Acts). The gospel is the power of God (Romans). Jesus is the only way and name by which we must be saved (Jn.). We are commanded to be born again. It is an ultimatum, not a suggestion in light of Jn. 3:16 vs Jn. 3:36. The risk of sitting around thinking about it is that He may return or we may die. I agree that it is not good to rebound without being ready, but we have the info we need to make an informed decision now.

• jgnat
    jgnat

godrulz, I've told you before that through hard experience I've learned that exiting witnesses need a break from organizations. To flip from one to another can be very damaging. Give them a year at least.

• A witness, you see, is expecting rules of behavior. An innocent remark by a member of the new congregation, an invitation, or a discussion of doctrine could flip an ex-witness out. They won't realize that there is no stick behind the words, no shunning, no recrimination if they say "no" to an offer to volunteer.
    • They also need to shed old prejudices for instance against crosses, mentions of the trinity, seasonal holidays and other aversions that the WTBTS has embedded. Tell me they won't see a cross the first time they visit a foreign church.
    • It takes time, a re-sorting of priorities, a renewing of what is really important. It is touching, really, to hear the stories of an ex-witness putting up their first Christmas tree. It's a major event.

I realize that you have a firmly held belief that your particular doctrines have their own healing balm that will cover all the damage the WTBTS has done. You are unaware of the ticking time-bombs that the WTBTS embeds in every Witness that can be set off by the most innocent remark. Surely you've seen this yourself with some of the comments you've made here.

I firmly believe an exiting witness needs a new network of friends (to help with the isolation), and freedom and time to reconsider what is really important to them. It's a process that should not be interrupted by another agenda.

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

G. why are you so insensitive? You make me really angry and that's some going for a forum.

Scoot. I can only guess at what you feel at the moment. The only suggestion I have is that I've rarely made the best choices when I re-acted in the midst of the event. Deep breaths.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit