The way they probe you - unbelievable

by Anony Mous 60 Replies latest members private

• Scully
    Scully

Obviously, this woman wanted to have a baby very much, as evidenced through the number of miscarriages she suffered, and by her reluctance to undergo a second attempt to remove products of conception (POC) after the D&C showed no POC were actually removed, and her refusal to take a medication (probably something like methotrexate) that would facilitate the expulsion of POC tells me that she did not want to violate her personal beliefs as a JW.

An ectopic pregnancy is a medical emergency. The pregnancy will not go to term (therefore is NOT VIABLE) and if the structure housing the embryo ruptures, it can very quickly result in the patient's death. In this case, it would have left another infant without his mother.

Maybe it's just me, but I find this excerpt to be very offensive:

After Surgery in 2009 to correct some deficiencies and to firm up her womb she was able to deliver a full term, healthy boy at the end of her previous pregnancy. L became pregnant again at the end of 2009, approximately October or the beginning of November.

Seriously, the way they describe the "surgery ... to correct some deficiencies and to firm up her womb" is repugnant and demonstrates a complete ignorance of medical interventions used in the female reproductive system. Listen here, asshats: at least try to use the correct terminology when describing medical procedures. I'm pretty sure they are referring to a "cerclage" which is used to prevent premature birth in women who have what is known as an "incompetent cervix".

I've said this before and I'll say it again: if this issue involved men, it would be a non-issue. But because pregnancy and childbirth are the sole domain of women, and considering the harsh manner by which JW women are judged during this most vulnerable times of their lives, the WTS and its toadie Elders™ demonstrate in the most revolting manner possible, their complete and utter disdain for the lives, health and well-being of women and children. Not only are they attacking a vulnerable person during a stressful, tragic time in life, but they are threatening the individual's spiritual well-being as well, by attempting to ostracise her from what is likely the only support network she has ever known. They aren't Spiritual Shepherds™ at all... very plainly they are misogynistic bullies. They should be thoroughly ashamed for even giving this issue Judicial™ attention, instead of rallying around and offering comfort to the bereaved family, like Christians should do.

As far as a HIPAA violation goes, if the patient voluntarily shares personal medical information with other parties who are not bound by HIPAA's confidentiality requirements, then there is no violation. It's just like if you talk to your co-worker about your medical problems and they gossip about it to other people in your office - there can be no expectation of confidentiality when information is voluntarily disclosed to anyone not bound by HIPAA. It lets the WTS and the Elders™ off the hook.

• snowbird
    snowbird

SCULLY!!!

Syl

• metatron
    metatron

Once again, they are proven to be liars. Did they claim that elders weren't spiritual policemen?

They lay heavy burdens on the backs of men -and women - but will not budge them with their finger.

metatron

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Thanks for posting this. It has forced me to think about things I've had very little exposure to. I'm against abortion (not sure where i'd stand if i hadn't been a born in JW though).

But as with all things there's shades of grey between the obvious black and white. Killing the mother over a "principle" now just seems totally fucked up.

Even if a baby has good chance of survival, killing the mother through inaction still seems totally wrong, here neither would survive so the obvious and logical solution is to abort the 3 -4 month old fetus. "The resurection hope", should NOT factor into this equation and it somehow be seen as a lack of "faith" to actively save the mothers life.

The legalistic knots the society has tied itself into over "principles" is pathetic. Jesus broke the "Law code" many times usually in an attempt to make people THINK and see that mercy, kindness, love are far more important than any fucking principle.

I'm starting to hate this religion.

• nugget
    nugget

This is a tragedy for this poor woman. These are matters that should be discussed between husband and wife and with medical professionals. It is nothing to do with the elders with the exception of offering comfort to a grieving mother who has been through a traumatic experience. It is tragic also because the natural reaction of the elders is not to be a source of solace but to find out whether she is worthy first.

It is shocking that the sister felt she needed to bring the elders in to consult about her treatment and that they based their judgements on non medical material published by the Watchtower Bible and Tract society.

I am also disturbed by the very cold way the letter is written the woman is described as being in good standing but nothing to acknowledge that she is a person who is suffering. And what right do they have to discuss confidential medical information with anyone.

This is wrong on so many levels I hope that she is able to recover mentally as well as physically.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

@nugget: From what I can read, the elders were not originally consulted on this. She consulted her father and brother who were elders and they researched the subject and gave an answer. However, the ball started rolling once the Coordinator started asking questions on how she was ("Wednesday March 17, 2010 was the first time the coordinating elder was appraised of a portion of L L’ health issues") which seemed to be after the fact.

• Quandry
    Quandry

Hopefully the whole family will be disgusted by this woman's treatment and leave...

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

While I am sickened reading that, I am not surprised. People are amazing.

• fokyc
    fokyc

Only a few years ago, I would NOT have believed that a letter like that could have possibly been written by a body of elders!

Then I applied under the UK data protection act for anything held by the local congregation about me.

The material that I received, staggered me beyond belief; letters to the Branch office from the 'Service Committee' which contained material of absolutely no concern to the congregation whatsoever,most of which was just personal opinions about my wife and I.

The WTBTS is a most amazing organisation completely without morals .

• RagingBull
    RagingBull

Well, here's an action they can/should take... - Mind Your Own Dayum Business!

I work in the Health Industry and it would be a Hipaa violation since she did not (herself) tell anyone on the service committee at Bethel. If she told her elders at the KH why she was missing meetings or how sick she had been It would be in "confidence" and only because the elders look at a person sideways whenever they are not missing. you almost need a doctor's note to please them.

Those brothers are not (By Federal Law) supposed to divulge a person's medical information to anyone without their consent first! (includes they're diagnosis, name, address, etc.)

But hey, the Watchtower is above the law (if no one's noticed yet) so they can do whatever they want and hide behind their status as a religion and clergy this or that perks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit