The way they probe you - unbelievable

by Anony Mous 60 Replies latest members private

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

They've judged her by the first sentence:

"...how to handle an issue with a publisher in our congregation who aborted a baby."

If Bethel's reply was anything other than "get off your high horse you damn pharises and go comfort her" they should be ashamed.

• Rocky_Girl
    Rocky_Girl

I agree Sapphy! As a woman who has endured many miscarriages (requiring C&D) and two ectopic pregnancies (requiring the loss of a tube) I am literally ill as they characterize her ordeal as an abortion. Note: I am pro-choice because I cannot judge another woman's situation and so cannot make her decision for her regarding pregnancy. That said, I could not imagine ever having an abortion.

When I had to allow my doctor to remove my dead babies from my body, I felt as if I had failed those little ones as a mother. Fortunately I was no longer JW at the time, so I did not have the added stress of having the org monitoring my conscience for me, but a close JW family member told me, "don't worry, I looked it up and the society says it is ok to abort the baby in this situation. You are still in good standing with Jehovah." At the time, I was horrified to have her say I had aborted a baby (WHAT!!) but now I am just sad that she was not even able to properly comfort a family member she loved because that cult had taken away her natural compassion. No doubt she would not have visited and "comforted" me had she decided that she couldn't support my decision. Though she would have attended my funeral had I died.

I think the heart of the issue comes in the letter when they say that the non-family elders were not contacted to help make the decisions. How dare she make her own health decisions without the local window washer's "expert advice!" I don't even know words forceful enough to express my disgust and horror after reading this letter.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    During all their ordeal none of our local elders were contacted to appraise the elders or to request assistance/advice.

I'm with sizemik on this statement. Are any of the local elders doctors? Why would someone feel obligated to call up a janitor to make a life and death decision.

Sounds like typical WTBTS BS.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

It crossed my mind too - that they felt it was a slight on them they weren't consulted/informed of this situation. One of the last statements in the letter was to do with the JW sister's father not disclosing the full details about the circumstances of losing her baby when asked (- ectopic pregnancy - daughter needs comfort.).

I also think there is probably an automatic recoil at the word 'abortion' - its a loaded word. 'Abortion' is usually associated with the idea of 'deliberate termination of a pregnancy, a "lifestyle" choice,' whereas 'miscarriage' evokes the idea of 'unintended/unwanted termination of pregnancy.' I once had a "missed abortion" - basically, the embryo/fetus died but the body didn't properly do its job and expel it (had to go through the D&C and grieve a very much wanted baby, etc.), and I remember how I felt I'd been slapped in the face when in my medical notes I saw THAT word.

The JW woman 'aborted' her baby. It was a medical necessity, the baby wouldn't have grown and survived anyway, and if there hadn't have been intervention the woman would have died (or damn well close, at best), and the docs were only trying to pre-empt/help along what would have naturally happened anyway. It should have been termed as a 'failed miscarriage.'

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Hmmm I am not saying that there is not a B of E that would write such a letter, but one must be skeptical of sensational accounts that are not authenticated. Anonymous has a record of claims that I have found hard to believe.

Two points. Anyone with half a brain could see that this poor girl needed support, not a J Committee and as someone has posted here , the matter is clearly discussed in WTS literature and could have been clarified in 5 minutes on the c/d rom.

Although the legal, factual tone of the letter is quite in keeping with elder's letters to the Society. The J stands for judicial in J Committee and they treat it as a matter of law.

If it is true, I would bet that her G/father had already fallen out with the rest of the elders and they wanted an excuse to get rid of him

• QuitWastingTIME
    QuitWastingTIME

guys, who knows if this letter is even real? where did this guy get the letter in the first place? relax!

• White Dove
    White Dove

It could be real, as rape has been dealt with similarily in the past.

• flipper
    flipper

ANONYMOUS- Thanks for posting this communique between elders and the WT society. Many newly exiting JW's are totally unaware of HOW MUCH information is revealed to the WT society about themselves. It truly shows the Society trains elders to be punitive in attitude towards rank and file Witnesses, not loving.

I like your title. Kind of grisly. Did I ever tell you elders probed my anus at a JC once ? Shows you exactly HOW intrusive they get. Just teasing

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

I would like to alert the involved people that this information has been leaked anonymously in order to drive home the point they can never trust them. Any ideas of what to say? I can send anonymous text (140 characters) but don't want to hurt any feelings.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

I've read over this post a few times since that woman's devastation stays with me.

The elder father and brother got reproved, became bitter and have since not rejoined in the pioneer or elder service although I have still seen them going to the KH.

The girl got initially silently reproved, then disfellowshipped over the matter and to my knowledge she never came back though, at least a silver lining.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit