The way they probe you - unbelievable

by Anony Mous 60 Replies latest members private

• sizemik
    sizemik

This represents JW despotism at it's absolute worst. Unfortunately I saw this in all 8 congregations I was a part of to a greater or lesser degree. The attitude, while totally reprehensible, is all too familiar to me.

First, she had to deal with incompetent medical people

I wouldn't be quite so quick to draw this conclusion. Sometimes these situations can be extremely hard to determine accurrately (as demonstrated by the number of Drs involved). Also, we are getting the "facts" presented by a traditionally anti-establishment source and third-hand at that.

• cantleave
    cantleave

This post has shaken me. An ectopic pregnancy can never be viable, therefore an abortion is absolutely the best remedial action in order to eliminate risk.

Why the fuck did they need to write to the society about this?

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Bastards!

The poor woman needs comfort and sympathy after such an ordeal, not interrogated as though she planned to have an abortion all along!

And the JWs wonder why people want nothing to do with this religion???

• snowbird
    snowbird

I concede your point, Size.

Thanks.

Syl

• sizemik
    sizemik

Hey Syl . . . you may well be correct however.

The thinking of this lunk-head low-life service committee is plain to see . . . but I saw plenty of this. What would be most interesting . . . and I would loooove to see . . . is Brooklyns reply.

• snowbird
    snowbird

It's just that I've been sent here and there, and still haven't received a conclusive answer to my medical problems.

Having to answer the same questions over and over is getting on my already-frayed nerves, so I'm doubly sympathetic of this poor woman.

The so-called elders should have taken all of that into account.

The WT is a no-good organization.

Syl

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

I would be damn curious about the answer they received.

• inbetween
    inbetween

sorry for my suspicion, but how did you get the "secret" letter ?

While I could see some BOE doing just that, still it is soo terrible harsh and stupid, that I have to question the authenticity of it.

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

Sad very sad. As I have said before the elders are not trained to take care of the flock they are in care of. Love is not in their training only legalistic ways of what they think is keeping the congregation clean. Like this is going to influence someone to go out and get a abortion. The WT is only concerned about how will they be affected in a legal way than in helping and showing love to the people they rule. Like DagothUr I to would love to know what their answer was. I'll bet you they will tell them in a loving letter to form a JC on her and set her up as a example to the rest of the congregation. Remember (That's all they Know). As I said sad very sad. Totally ADD

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

The response (I don't have access to the official letter nor the exact after-the-fact as this only passed my desk, so I'm not authorized to answer it but I can look up the status of the elder body) was apparently removing the father that gave her the advice to abort from his post as elder (he is no longer an elder but reasons are never given) and I speculate on at least silent reproof for the poor girl.

@InBetween: This letter is authentic but I have nobody I can trust to independently verify and authenticate it (professional journalist or so could verify these facts). I have the full names but chose not to publish them.

UPDATE: I was able to obtain the phone numbers for most of the people involved (the BOE obviously, the father and the woman). Any ideas whether this is useful or where I could turn to expose this?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit