Hi Everyone. Answer to prayer countdown...

by Stumpy 205 Replies latest jw friends

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

Stumpy,

Welcome to you and (hopefully), your wife. I have said this many times but if my wife can leave....anyones can.

I have some friends that used to pioneer up along the coast north of Sydney. Good people. In their early 30's now I think.

I hope it continues to go well. Don't be surprised if she vacillates back and forth a little. Its almost like stages of grief.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Wait back up the truck, can someone tell me what the name of the video is that Stumpy's first post is referring to?
  • millie210
    millie210

Hey Crazyguy,

I think it is the April video released by the Org. on "Endurance".

This is the specific experience on the video:

At around 42 minutes, a women find Jehovahs witness, but her husband is not too hot on the idea and so she has to study with her children in secret. However eventually the husband prays to Jehovah that if Jehovah will help him find a leak in a construction he is working on, he will go to a meeting and presto, the next day Jehovah help him find the leak so now he is a witness.

here is the thread where it was discussed -

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/201830002/april-video-online-endurance

A big welcome to you Stumpy!

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Welcome. It sounds like your wife is making good progress. Be patient, it takes some people longer than others. You wouldn't want her to do it for you, only because she knows beyond a doubt this religion isn't what it claims to be.

You might ask her what she would think of any religion that wrongly predicted the end of the world multiple times, obviously being wrong every single time. The Watchtower predicted the end in 1897, 1914, 1925, 1975, a 100% failure rate, how could that be from God? Why would God use organization that presumed to know what the end time was when the bible plainly said NO man knows the day or the hour. Food for thought.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Lot's of references to the video but no link. Not seeing a video about Endurance. Anyone care to provide a link or a video title for those of us who have searched but can't find the one everyone is talking about here?

Thanks,

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Welcome!

So, you prayed for a sign to show you whether to stay with WT? ... Why settle for one sign, here's two that are answers to that prayer:

• Stumpy
    Stumpy

Thank you again everyone! You all brought tears to my eyes as I was reading your posts. I can't express how nice it feels to have others understand and feel the same messed up way I'm feeling right now. I'm very emotional at the moment and tears seem to flow at the drop of a hat. Even songs on the radio seem to be speaking to me and bring me to tears. Very strange for me because I've never been one to cry much.

Last night I had a bit of a breakdown. I guess what happened - or rather didn't happen - with our dozens of very specific, heartfelt, sincere prayers hit me pretty hard too. I really love(d) God and I wanted so bad for the truth to be true. I guess I still do. That's what started me on this crazy ride. It's hard to come to terms with the fact that you've been a victim of manipulation and mind-control for so long. I feel very guilty that I have had a big part in teaching it from the platform too.

So today we had a very deep and open discussion about all of my research and what it means to us. We went through each issue we had and talked about our feelings about them. After a looking at all the facts objectively and the lack of an answer to our humble heartfelt prayers I asked my wife ... "Do you still think this is the truth?"

Her reply...

"I want it to be the truth so badly, but... NO... I don't believe it is anymore. How can it be?"

I can't describe how relieved I felt right then!

I know we have a long way to go but at least we'll be taking that journey together. (Here come the tears again, sorry).

I have to get ready for the meeting and after that we are going to go for a long walk and discuss what we should do next, but when I have a chance later I'll reply to everyone's comments and questions.

Thank you again everyone, you've been just what I need at this moment in our lives.

• Stumpy
    Stumpy

Pete here is the link: http://tv.jw.org/#home

The video is titled: JW Broadcasting-April 2015. You might have to scroll through the big top carousal of videos till you get to it. It's the one after Song 139 video.

• kairos
    kairos

I'm really enjoying the experience.

Welcome.

Do you have other JW relatives or close friends you are struggling to keep?

• whathappened
    whathappened
    Welcome to you and hopefully your wife very soon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit