Hi Everyone. Answer to prayer countdown...

by Stumpy 205 Replies latest jw friends

• smiddy
    smiddy

We are not aloud to put GOD to the test, however he can test us ? Deut.13:3

,On the other hand keep testing if you are in the faith. 2Cor.13:5

By the way WELCOME stumpy ,from a fellow Aussie ,their are a number of us on this board , feel free to pm me for a personal chat if you feel inclined .

Just think ,I.B.S.A, / Jehovah Witness , have been praying for Armageddon for 136 years now and the big " A" is nowhere in sight , no king of the north ,the Annointed numbers have gone up not down , in fact they never went below 8000 in something like 35 years , and now their around 12000 + , sorry I`m starting to rant.

I wish you all the best in helping your wife to see the truth about the truth .

please keep us informed of both your progress .

smiddy

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

It's entirely legit to test if God is on your side. Gideon tested Jehovah with a fleece and wasn't chastised for it. - Judges 6:36-40

Eden

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Welcome Stumpy - it's good to have another awakened Elder come and join us all here.

You'll learn so much while you are here!

• Zoos
    Zoos

Welcome Stumpy.

Have you read Ray Franz's books yet? For me, Crisis of Conscience helped put everything in order and settle my nerves. I was a basket case learning all the ways in which we had been dooped as JWs but that book was just the right medicine.

His follow-up book, In Search of Christian Freedom went into more depth on various doctrinal issues where he dismantles Watchtower theology very effectively without being preachy about what you should believe. He respects your right to your journey in that respect.

Another set of open eyes.

Best wishes!

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury
    Go easy on the wife, you will be turning her world upside down after all so do it slowly.
  • Splash
    Splash

Hezekiah asked for a sign, and Isaiah assisted.
    (2 Kings 20:8) “What is the sign to show that Jehovah will heal me and that I will go up on the third day to the house of Jehovah?”
    The sun's shadow went backwards.

Moses asked God for a sign and got a leprous hand that was then cured.

Jehovah set up a sign for Cain so that noone finding him would strike him.

The rainbow is a sign from God.

Aaron's rod produced flowers, as a sign.

The Psalmist prayed "(Psalm 86:17) Show me a sign of your goodness."

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Welcome. Look forward to your posts.
  • DJS
    DJS

Stumpy,

Welcome! We probably all felt like fools when we discovered the Borg was nothing but another religion at best and a cult at worst. It was a very good lesson for me, however. I'm with EdenOne; you're screwed if your prayer is answered. You should have picked something that would never ever occur, such as a man asking for directions or a woman actually apologizing for something she did or said.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Welcome Stumpy, great OP.

You're right, it certainly is a crazy ride out of the WTS. I left the un-Truth in early 2007 and I still haven't figured out myself and my place in the world.

It's good that you're concentrating on finding a sensible path out. As you've said, it's best to consider your wife's feelings so that you can both exit the cult together.

• Ding
    Ding

Welcome!

I agree with Witness My Fury's advice to go easy on your wife. People don't always see things at the same time or in the same way or at the same pace.

For some whose whole life has been wrapped up in the organization, it's often VERY hard to face the facts. That's especially true with all those "endure to the end" and "Armageddon is so close" messages weighing on them.

Give her all the time she needs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit