Hi Everyone. Answer to prayer countdown...

by Stumpy 205 Replies latest jw friends

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes, it is so clearly obvious once we have been tagged as a "spiritual threat".

We have been isolated and ignored by all of the "spiritual giants" in the organization.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

And those who treat me with the greatest distance are some of who used to be the closest to me. Many of those who were just acquaintances remain more or less the same. Odd.

Eden

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2
    Amen to that Eden!!!
  • dubstepped
    dubstepped
    And those who treat me with the greatest distance are some of who used to be the closest to me. Many of those who were just acquaintances remain more or less the same. Odd.
    Eden

Those closest to you have their own identity at stake. They identify with "The Truth", but they also identify with you as their close friend. When those two entities are in conflict, it threatens them. They know who you are and obviously respected your views on some level. To have such a person be negative about their other greatly respected entity is a threat to them and who they are and what they believe. I know how badly I fought what I started to see. It is easier to live in denial and cut you off than to try and hold two opposing views in their midst. I believe that's the very nature of cognitive dissonance. Those that weren't close to you have less skin in the game, less importance attached to you versus their beliefs, so you aren't a threat.

• cha ching
    cha ching

My husband was an elder for over 30+ years... We were both witnesses for over 45-50 years... We were working on RBC's, all of that...

Both of us started waking up about the same time... starting with "overlapping generations." Then the statement "we are not inspired, we are led by the Holy Spirit"....

Then 607... We took the 2011 Watchtowers apart. We are readers also, we looked up all the references, I looked up 607 in every single WT / AW and book off the WT CD. No one was going to accuse me of "jumping to conclusions," I was going to know for SURE, from their OWN literature.... So sad to say that it makes no difference what you find, or read to anyone.... They are "loyal", they are "brainwashed," they have had things repeated over and over and over for years and years and years, and that it why they "all speak as one..." Just as the Borg.

Once we saw that they were lying, had been numerologists, and also asking for MONEY, which as a child I heard "when we have to ask for money"....Jehovah is not with us. We had noticed them asking for money before the assembly began, telling us how 'behind by $6,000 the second day of the C.A., and then WOW! We made it! and have extra, and let's donate it to NY! Yay!!"

Then there was the great provision of "willing your life savings, house, clothing, car, rings, jewelery and gold teeth to the Society, and hey! we'll even donate our lawyers to help you! That was sad.

With the internet, and all of the resources at my disposal, I read old books "Finished Mystery" and saw - like you- the pattern they have... I read about how many steps it was from the printing press in one NY city to the building in another (and don't forget to minus the steps when they changed the Hoboken tunnel!) and whoala! you have exactly 1,420 (?) steps, furlongs, whatevers, just like Ezekiel? predicted! WowWW!! This made me cry.... I had seen the pattern. It was just like the book "Animal Farm"... "let the older ones die off, tell the younger ones the new story." They simply change when it is "evidently" necessary......

I even looked up every time they said "evidently" and "apparently" .... That is very telling too.... Yes, I read. I made sure.

Friends. People who had known me soooo long. People I trusted. Nope, do NOT think they will actually listen and think. They will be afraid. I had a sister shaking, trembling, telling me I had made her frightened. What did I ask her? I asked, "If Jesus is directing the congregation since 1914, why did he have me teach my B.S. that all people from Sodom and Gomorrah were going to be resurrected (and my B.S. said "But it says here in the Bible they won't be" .... I was so embarrassed to say, "but what does it say in the book?) and then a couple of months later NEW LIGHT! They won't be resurrected!

I told her how embarrassed I was, and if it's 'new light', then why has it changed more than once? "It doesn't sound like new light, it's more like Jesus is turning the light off, on, off, on....

Really think hard before you act... It seems like people should be reasonable, after all that is what we expected people to do for US when WE went door to door, right? We tell people to "look at the evidence".... so we think that witnesses should do the same...

My other friend, when I explained to her what was going on with these child abuse cases, what did she do? The next time I called, she said "Mary? There is no Mary at this number" Straight to my ears... I could not believe it.

So, as everyone, every, everyone here has said and advised, "Think long and hard and wait and think before you act..." Maybe even a few months before you decide... and don't talk. Let it all settle in, get a clear picture, a clear goal.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

My apologies if this has already been posted but here is a link to an excellent review of the "endurance" video .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLkzrUMKiXNLIpjobJEZuSlaWIX5R6g1JW&v=sGYKaN52nEg#t=3125

• True to the End
    True to the End

I feel sorry for you stumpy and for all the other people here that have lost faith. I am in Australia as you are. I was baptised in 1973. haven't put in a report of more that 10 years.

I used to look at all the faults of people and that got me down. It still does. What people do is different to what the Bible says and what JWs are taught. that makes many JWs hypocrites especially those that have the responsibility of taking the lead.

I have not lost trust or faith in Jehovah and JWs as A GROUP of people. But I have lost trust in many individuals. that is a problem I have with them not with God.

As a group JWs ARE the only ones trying to do what God requires despite all their faults and misunderstand of many many texts.

People here should grow up and stop being so self centered and looking at the bad in every thing.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

People here should grow up and stop being so self centered and looking at the bad in every thing

True to the End you probably weren't thinking of me when you typed this but I am one of the people here

I have not lost trust or faith in Jehovah and JWs as A GROUP of people.

I haven't lost faith in God either but I find it a little different with JW'S, especially regarding their preaching about God's Kingdom and 1914 and I think this involves faith.

As a group JWs ARE the only ones trying to do what God requires

As I lack faith in the preaching of God's Kingdom established in 1914 I would disagree with your statement.

• Splash
    Splash
    As a group JWs ARE the only ones trying to do what God requires despite all their faults and misunderstand of many many texts.

Supposing you had a doctor that tried to do what the medical profession requires, but constantly harmed people instead. You take the doctors advice and follow a course of medication only to be told later that that was wrong, you should have been on different medication. You switch medication according to the doctors advice, then find he had misadvised you and the first medication was actually correct.

You confront the doctor and he denies he told you anything different even though you have the paperwork to prove it. Then he reports you to the police for slander and the community kick you out.

You later learn that the Dr. has done the same thing to thousands of other ill patients, some of them dying as a result of the malpractise.

Would you be singing that Dr.'s praises, telling people to grow up and not look for the bad because some people were helped?
    Tread carefully - you are in a room full of abused patients who have personally experienced the harmful effects of the WT and can prove to you that the WT is as flawed as any other religion.

What's that famous illustration about one drop of poison in a glass of water? No doubt you apply it to other religions. If you refuse to see that it applies equally to the WT then you are deceiving yourself. Good luck with your mental health - I know a good doctor you might want to try.

• Onager
    Onager

I disagree with this also. I think that *individual* JW's may be doing this, but as a group, nowadays, they are a false religion serving men's interests not gods.

People here should grow up and stop being so self centered and looking at the bad in every thing.

I think that's a very sweeping and judgemental thing to say. This very thread is a great example of mature, caring, positive people coming together to help a fellow human being through a difficult time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit