April video online, "endurance"

by bohm 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bohm
    bohm

April video online. At around 42 minutes, a women find jehovahs witness, but her husband is not too hot on the idea and so she has to study with her children in secret. However eventually the husband prays to jehovah that if jehovah will help him find a leak in a construction he is working on, he will go to a meeting and presto, the next day jehovah help him find the leak so now he is a witness.

• bohm
    bohm
    ugh. near the end we are told the governing body loooves all of us.
  • The Searcher
    The Searcher

God works in mysterious ways!!! :)

This is as bad as the Yearbook experience of the Witness in Burma getting 100 chickens because he attended the convention!

How sick and puerile this Org's propaganda is getting!

They are definitely pushing the digital effluent more than the printed stuff!

Money, money, money!

• bohm
    bohm
    I think they are taking ques from the Mormons. I read each Mormon family typically have several stories about how god mysteriously intervened as part of the family lore and this fit that description pretty well. I can't imagine they would put the segment in the TV show if they didn't want the witness to emulate it.
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Seriously?

If god would help him find a solution to problem not related to "his kingdom"?

Have the GB gone insane broadcasting this stuff?

• WingCommander
    WingCommander
    Was his name by any chance, Andre? This crap is really something.....dumbed down, ignorant, foolish, CRAP. Who but simpletons would believe something like this? YHWH can't lift a finger to help save all the Christians being slaughtered by ISIS in the Middle East, but he can somehow help this clown find a leak in his construction job so that mean's JW are chosen by God Himself? Give me a break! This is delusional human arrogance and mental manipulation going on right here. Ugh!
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

the next day jehovah help him find the leak so now he is a witness.

It's wonderful that Jehovah can answer a prayer about finding a leak, but He fails to answer prayers to cure children who have cancer, or to answer the prayer of a young JW woman who was sodomized and murdered by a JW neighbor (Portland OR), but He does arrive on the scene in time to help the searchers find her corpse in a densely wooded area.

Perhaps He was busy looking at a leaky roof.

Timing is everything.

Doc

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Just watched it (the "experience" at 42:00).

You know, each time I watch one of these JW broadcasts, I wonder how they could make them any loonier. . . .

They have again succeeded in the April edition!

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

These so-called "experiences" are about as believable as the around the campfire ghost stories kid's tell.

They usually start with - "this happened to a friend of a friend of mine......"

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Okay. I'm quitting this board and going back.

On my way to school, I said "Oh dear god I need a coffee."

And you know what happened?

I walked into the on-campus Starbuck's, ordered a tall dark roast, and am now sipping a rich, aromatic cup of joe!

Praise Jehover!

Goodbye apostates! I'm outta here!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit