Hi Everyone. Answer to prayer countdown...

by Stumpy 205 Replies latest jw friends

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Stumpy! I went through this thread the other day, and was wondering what had become of you. Glad to know you're doing well and together with Mrs. Stumpy you're fading out of the Org. I'll look into your files - thank you for posting them.

All the best for you both.

Eden

• Magnum
    Magnum
    Hey! Great to hear from you again! Can't wait to examine all the PDFs.
  • Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt

I Love it Mr Stumpy,

I appreciate the fact that the documents are scans of the original articles and you even highlight the juicy bits (I checked when I downloaded the 1960s pdf).

Thank you very much.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Mr. & Mrs. Stumpy

Wow...what a great outcome! So happy for you. Each day that you are out of this high control cult, you will become happier. We were always told that if we left the "truth" we would be miserable. We asked the question, why aren't we miserable. We are much much happier! We have been out for about 3 years and as my spouse wrote in an earlier post to Jake:

"We watched the RC on video and Tony Morris gave the talk: He asked the following questions:. Since you have been inactive. Is my life more meaningful? Am I happier now? Both of our answers are YES! We have not been to a meeting in 3 years and honestly we are the happiest we have ever been in our entire lives. Why? We were taught if we left Jehovah our lives would be miserable! Why are we so happy? Why does our lives have more meaning since leaving?"

Go live a happy life! Carpe diem..."seize the day!"

Two more people the org can not "use" for free labor and donations! Yippie!

• Magnum
    Magnum

For a long time we were grieving the thought of losing all our friends… but now we realize that we can’t stand being around witnesses and their pompous, mind-numbingly ignorant conversation anymore. After a night of listening to couples talking about wanting to go to the SKE school, their take on blood transfusions and their disturbing thoughts on the Royal Commission we wanted to shoot ourselves. It’s gratifying to realize we have moved on from them, not the other way around.

I sure do understand that. My wife and I, too, realize that we can't stand being around JWs. The JW culture is so goody-goody and self-righteous and bragging and condescending. Just this morn, I looked at some JW stuff on instagram (because a thread on this site mentioned it) and it made me sick. JWs are like "Look at us. We are so hip and cool and loving and spiritual."

I can’t stand to think about the amount of drivel, crap and nonsense that must have fallen out of my mouth over all the years I was a witness! It’s painful to listen to… and embarrassing to realize I was once in that zombie like state. No more though.

Same with me. I mentioned this about a year ago on this site, but I'm going to mention it again. Shortly before I became a JW, I saw the James Farentino movie Dead and Buried (1981). I don't remember the exact story, but I do remember that Farentino played a good sheriff in a town in which many (most? all?) inhabitants' minds were taken over by aliens (or something like that). Anyway, throughout the whole movie, the tendency is to identify with the sheriff and wish him success as his motives are good.

However, at the end of the movie, subtle hints are dropped indicating that the sheriff himself has been one of them (was taken over) all along and he didn't know it. You can feel the horror as he begins to recognize it.

When I awoke to TTATT, I remembered that movie and thought it kind of captured my feelings. I was thinking "I've been one of them all along and didn't recognize the true nature of the situation?!"

It looks so different now that I'm looking at it from the outside. Some stuff disgusted me all along, but I just put up with it. Now, though, I see the big picture.

• DJS
    DJS

Magnum

As always from you, great stuff. Thank you. And Stumpy and Ms. Stumpy, welcome to freedom!!!

But Mag, I believe I have exclusive use of zombie material on this forum. I will check with Simon and my legal papers, but I'm almost certain. It took me months of negotiation and a promise to behave, so I'm not giving up my zombie reference rights so easily. Of course, my behaving is a day-to-day tenuous at best situation, so you may have some rights.

Consider yourself served!!!!

• Magnum
    Magnum

DJS, my deep sense of justice and fairness compels me to acknowledge that you have been behaving fairly well lately. The problem for me, though, is that such an acknowledgement indicates that the "promise to behave" clause is being honored by you, and that, therefore, your exclusive rights are maintained and that I might be in violation.

Upon further consideration, though, I resolve my problem by appealing to the legal concept of fair use.

from Wikpedia: Fair use is a limitation and exception to the exclusive right granted by copyright law to the author of a creative work. In United States copyright law, fair use is a doctrine that permits limited use of copyrighted material without acquiring permission from the rights holders.

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

Thank YOU, Stumpy, for all the research. My issues with WTBTS are mostly doctrinal. Not that I'm burying my head in the sand on other issues, such as child abuse. However, for an organization that claims to be the ONLY true religion and GOD's organization, it MUST be able to stand up to scrutiny on doctrinal points. My own research shows it does not. Not by a long shot. I look forward to reading what you put together.

I woke up when I was an elder and I resigned because I could no longer stomach teaching falsehoods. That's the bottom line for me. Sadly, my wife is very much in, and any talk of something wrong with WTBTS teachings is strictly taboo in my home. I must go it alone. I expect it will be well worth it in the long run.

~LQ

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

It's really great that you managed to get your wife out, that's not always possible, so good for you. Thanks for your research, I keep your notes handy in case I get a chance to talk to some in my family.

Lisa 🌹

• Tornintwo
    Tornintwo

Wow thank you for the links, must have been a lot of work, I look forward to reading them all and trying to show my husband, although right now he's anything but receptive.

Thank you x

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit