Hi Everyone. Answer to prayer countdown...

by Stumpy 205 Replies latest jw friends

• Magnum
    Magnum

Hey, Stumpy! Was just thinking about you in the last few days and wondering what was going on. Thanks for the update.

I respect your desire to distance yourself from the cult, and I realize you probably haven't been keeping up with the latest goings-on, but I wish you were keeping up because I'd love to have your comments on the current situation.

Please check back in here periodically. Been missing you.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Stumpy - "Mrs Stumpy and I are doing great."

Always good to be reminded just how lucky those of us who've been able to exit with our families really are.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Stumpy, so good to hear from you. My wife and I have discussed how we, too, are becoming more ex-exJWs these days. Less and less of our lives is influenced by JWdom. This area just had the Reg Conv's last month and we just flat out told family we would NOT be there -- no apologies, no excuses.

Regrettably, we still haven't been greatly successful in developing new friendships. Our entire social life was structured on all the JW "friends" that we had. I say "HAD" because they're gone. And I guess we've concluded that is OK. It's certainly better than if they were calling and nagging us to start attending again before the Big A hits. We're traveling more and we have more friends throughout the country (and beyond) than we have locally.

Our kids are all doing well. Last one about another year to finish college (back to college). The others enjoying success in life.

Check in again soon!

The greatest revenge is living a happy & successful life!

• Stumpy
    Stumpy

Thanks guys.

Bandicoot: We're currently in QLD

Magnum: Hey mate! Great to hear from you. Yeah I haven't been keeping up at all. No need to to be honest. Family are a lost cause unfortunately and all our new friends are interested in the overall story of our 'escape' but don't give a shit about the details. I also don't feel it's productive for me to live in the past... already did that. Too many new things I'm eager to discover and learn. But I have huge respect for those that can stay around and help the new ones waking up. Just isn't my path. Plus I've already laid out everything I can offer in my research folders. Have there been any big changes in the last 2 years?

How are things going for you? Hope you're both well.

DoC: Good for you. It's a good place to be (ex-exJW) if you can get there. Hi price to pay, but well worth it in the long run. Awesome to hear about your family doing well. Happy for you both.

Making friends is one of the hardest part of breaking free for sure. Have you considered joining a club (dancing, cars, hiking, meditation, Amazonian poison dart blowing, nudist colony etc...)? It's been an interesting experience for us, trying different friendships on, nurturing those that gel and moving on from other quickly lol. But now we have a great core group of friends that we are starting to build some history with. It takes effort putting yourself out there, but it's well worth it to find your tribe. Traveling sounds good!

• freddo
    freddo

Hi Stumpy!

So glad things are progressing well for you. Great to hear from you.

Simply putting it on the forum how you have successfully moved on is an inspiration to the rest of us and to lurkers who are fearful to comment but read avidly.

Although you seem disinclined to, an occasional quarterly update and exchange would be really helpful and worthwhile.

Best wishes,

Freddo

• Stumpy
    Stumpy

Hi Freddo. Great to hear from you too mate. Yeah I remember what it was like to be cautiously lurking.

I'll see what I can do... most likely it will be yearly more than quarterly. Every three months is too much JW think for me. But yearly will be a good reminder for me to check my current beliefs and see if they need to be questioned.

Hope all is well with you.

Cheers - Stumpy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit