Hi Everyone. Answer to prayer countdown...

by Stumpy 205 Replies latest jw friends

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Congratulations to Mr. and Mrs. Stumpy for removing themselves for this organization of fear, ignorance, lying, deceit and corruption.

• Stumpy
    Stumpy

Thanks for your thoughts everyone.

EdenOne that was good timing hey :)

Hi Magnum...

The JW culture is so goody-goody and self-righteous and bragging and condescending.

It looks so different now that I'm looking at it from the outside. Some stuff disgusted me all along, but I just put up with it. Now, though, I see the big picture.

I hear you mate. It's weird looking in from the outside isn't it. Like you're in a strange dream sometimes. It's frustrating though because you wonder how they can't see what's so obvious... until I remember that was me too for sooo long :(

Hi ToesUp...

Two more people the org can not "use" for free labor and donations! Yippie!

No kidding hey. To be honest though, we haven't donated a cent to the org for at least 5 years. When we were in some of our assignments we witnessed a horrible amount of waste of donated funds by certain missionaries and bethelites. So we decided to give that money directly to needy families instead. One jackass missionary in particular made sure he spent every cent of the home funds every single month, regardless of whether they needed to or not. They lived like kings. Yet in his cong there were very poor families struggling to pay for medication for their sick kids, let alone 2 meals a day and they were guilted by him almost every service meeting into donating more and more. Makes me mad just thinking about it!

Hi leaving_quietly...

My issues with WTBTS are mostly doctrinal. Not that I'm burying my head in the sand on other issues, such as child abuse. However, for an organization that claims to be the ONLY true religion and GOD's organization, it MUST be able to stand up to scrutiny on doctrinal points. My own research shows it does not. Not by a long shot. I look forward to reading what you put together. I woke up when I was an elder and I resigned because I could no longer stomach teaching falsehoods. That's the bottom line for me.

I was exactly the same. That's what my research focused mainly on. What really did it for me was 607 - 1914 - 1919 but I couldn't share this with my wife at the time because all the research was outside of the WT publications. What hit her the most was the issue of Jesus not being our mediator. I also couldn't stomach teaching falsehoods and resigned quickly. Sorry to hear you don't have your wife with you yet mate. I hope you can reach her one day. I hate this religion for doing this to families!

Saintbertholdt, Lisa and Tornintwo you're more than welcome. Yes it took a while - about 600 hours all up but well worth it to be free. My biggest concern was to end up as one of those that still has doubts deep down as to whether it is the truth or not. I clearly remember all those that raced back to the kingdom halls after 9/11 because they still deep down believed. I wanted us to be able to walk away and never look back. I also wanted to have ample documentation as to why we left, so when we are questioned down the road we can quickly refer to it.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Its easy to deceive people where there is a lack of knowledge and education.

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy
    Well done in your diligence stumpy, in so glad Mrs stumpy is with you. Your research is amazing, all those original scans. I will certainly benefit, and hopefully my wife will too one day. Thank you again, regards to the missus, enjoy your freedom!
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The doctrine of 1914 along with all that was supposed to happen in that year and taught by the WTS. is a major doctrinal falsity that the hundreds of other Christian faiths never touched or delved into, yet its the core main doctrine of the entire Jehovah's witness religion .

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein
    It can be honestly and realistically said that JWS are subjective victims of other JWS.
  • Stumpy
    Stumpy
    Right you are Finkelstein
  • umbertoecho
    umbertoecho
    Stumpy, welcome from Australia, I am in the West. Glad you are here and I truly hope your wife and best friend manages to wake up, once and for all time. I think your' approach was pretty good and it sounds as if your' wife has some sense of right and wrong in her...No doctrine can improve our ethics. Religion has destroyed my family and split us apart. It is a lonely journey at times..........Courage..Stay online and be strong. You will find the silence in your' prayer, to be the exact answer to your' question...Wait, wait a little........perhaps a few days, then realise that you have your' answer.
  • LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

You already have the truth! That is, what the Bible says the truth is.

Live your life for you, both you and your wife, from here on out. Just do it the way Jesus said to do it. NOT the way WT says to do it.

• Mary J Blige
    Mary J Blige
    Oh my Mr Stumpy. My parents turfed their Dubber-ary on the weekend and replaced it with a Mega-rary. I wondered where pappy got all this mega info from (promptly printed and clear file bound) and now I know. We sat reading through it all and its funny how it wasn't 'old' even knowing the flip flops was no substitute for seeing the actual text. Visual confirmation is a powerful thing! Lol. Now I understand your obsessive compulsive WT research comment as this stuff you've compiled is pretty good. It is helpful to have the full picture from start publication through flip floppy new old light, so thank you very much for sharing that info.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit