Association: Am i being lied to?

by roxanesophia 77 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Am i being lied to?

Yes you are for the JWS are trained to do so in trying to get you be one of them.

You could say this organization or described cult embodies lies throughout their doctrines

in a effort to attract attention to their published works, then exploit these people to work for

for the organization by buying and selling their literature, just like what this girl is doing to you right now.

Hence the world is about to be destroyed soon, so you better act fast and join their organization so you have

a chance of being saved from suffering a horrendous death..

So if you want to indulge yourself with deceiving lying and corruption, manipulation and exploitation you've

found the right religion.

• dgp
    dgp

I think you're deep inside enough to notice whether most witnesses have "worldly" friends or not. Will you buy the idea that every single one of them chose not to have any relations outside of the Watchtower?

• roxanesophia
    roxanesophia

I kinda do because it appears that way. I've seen photos from their parties and it's all the same freakin' people!

Here's something funny: i mentioned to a JW the other day that i was thinking of just giving up on religion and getitng on with my life career wise, looking for another job etc. Well a girl I've never met prior comes up to me at the hall and says her parent's company need a receptionist. Her JW parents of course. WHOA, talk about NOT SUBTLE AT ALL. I think if i take that job, i may as well be circling the drain. Knowing I'm in danger of quitting the study, now they're trying to put employment into the picture.

I'm pretty sure i can see what's going on there, unless I'm too cynical...

• sizemik
    sizemik
    All this is making sense why an MS saw me with someone he hangs out with and made a point to come over and ask "Did you come together?" as if he was concerned or curious if we were friends.

He's trying to establish your connections in order to position himself in relation to that. Most MS's are "reaching out" (their term) to become Elders. Therefore their actions as seen by others, need to be politically in harmony with those aspirations. It may not be obvious at first, but their status is very important to many and is carefully protected.

I don't cope well with hypocrisy and two faced people.

Then you will not cope well in this religion. They aren't necessarily that way by nature, but the demands of this cult force them to be.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

So Roxane, if you now believe that you are indeed being lied to, what do you think you should do?

• sizemik
    sizemik
    Well a girl I've never met prior comes up to me at the hall and says her parent's company need a receptionist. Her JW parents of course.

roxanesophia . . . you are a trophy . . . a splendid catch . . . you validate all of their reasons for persisting in the cult themselves. Your progress and eventual baptism is important to THEM. They will not put you back in the water. They will do anything to get you stuffed and mounted.

Believe this . . . if you get to baptism everything will change . . . you will then be an overworked undernon-paid fisherman. Like I was for 26 years.

• blondie
    blondie

*** w99 3/15 p. 13 Pay Constant Attention to Your Teaching***

A word of caution, though: A Bible student may be progressing rapidly but may still have some unchristian ways to overcome. So it may not be wise to be unduly close socially with the individual.

Proper Christian boundaries should be maintained.

*** w74 2/1 p.93 Finding Joy in Training Children***

Christian parents often find that problems arise when their children begin to associate with other children in the neighborhood or with schoolmates. They must, of course, have some association with outsiders. Complete isolation today is next to impossible and is inadvisable. Worldly associates vary in the degree of unchristian influence that they exert. But parents need to know with whom their children talk and play. While some worldly persons today have certain admirable characteristics, it must be remembered that one who is not a worshiper of Jehovah cannot be said to be good company.

*** w70 11/15 p. 695 When Hatred Is a Good Thing--a Protection***

Some people may appear to be "nice people," but one must ask: "Do they have Christian morals and principles? Do they love Jehovah?"

Their love of God and neighbor should determine what our relationship with them will be. This matter of association is important, for if we enjoy being with those who do bad things we will soon cease hating what they do.

*** w69 3/15 p. 169 What Influences Decisions in Your Life?***

When we look closely at the prevailing spirit of this world we see how vital it is that we avoid its influence. How accurately the apostle Paul describes the world of mankind today when he foretells that "men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, self-assuming, haughty, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, disloyal, having no natural affection, not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, without love of goodness, betrayers, headstrong, puffed up with pride, lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God." (2 Tim. 3:2-4) Whoever we are and wherever we live, do we not see these godless qualities in the people about us? How then can we avoid the ungodly influence of the worldly people among whom we live? Paul's answer is simple and to the point. He says, "From these turn away." (2 Tim. 3:5) In other words, though they may be our neighbors, they should not be our associates. Do not let them influence your thinking, your actions, your decisions.? 1 Cor. 15:33.

When we look closely at the prevailing spirit of this world we see how vital it is that we avoid its influence. How accurately the apostle Paul describes the world of mankind today when he foretells that "men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, self-assuming, haughty, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, disloyal, having no natural affection, not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, without love of goodness, betrayers, headstrong, puffed up with pride, lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God." (2 Tim. 3:2-4) Whoever we are and wherever we live, do we not see these godless qualities in the people about us? How then can we avoid the ungodly influence of the worldly people among whom we live? Paul's answer is simple and to the point. He says, "From these turn away." (2 Tim. 3:5) In other words, though they may be our neighbors, they should not be our associates. Do not let them influence your thinking, your actions, your decisions.? 1 Cor. 15:33.

*** w70 11/15 p. 695 When Hatred Is a Good Thing--a Protection***

Some people may appear to be "nice people," but one must ask: "Do they have Christian morals and principles? Do they love Jehovah?"

Their love of God and neighbor should determine what our relationship with them will be. This matter of association is important, for if we enjoy being with those who do bad things we will soon cease hating what they do.

Yes, you are being lied to. It is a standard way of the WTS to say you can do something but to leave out the "punishment" that awaits you if you choose wrong.

• roxanesophia
    roxanesophia

You're awesome, blondie. Thank you tons for all that info - and from their own literature, no less. I have a heap of watchtowers stored away and i have the library but i don't feel like touching any of it at the moment.

So Roxane, if you now believe that you are indeed being lied to, what do you think you should do?

I wish I knew! I know it's ridiculous, but I'm having a hard time walking from something i invested a lot into. But it's not a matter of IF I leave, it's when.

He's trying to establish your connections in order to position himself in relation to that. - sizemik

Thanks for explaining that... i just figured he was being a judgmental bastard. As I said, this girl is in his circle, i guess. I took it to mean he didn't want me in it, but i didn't know it was usual behavior for them to enquire about associations. What does "position himself in relation to that" mean? I get the establish connections part: they are already in the habit of needing to be in the know when it comes to who hangs out with who. I just wasn't aware MS' took notice of that.

• dgp
    dgp

This cult has obviously given you something you don't want to walk away from. But, whatever it gave you, it isn't real. Or, it comes at a price that you'd better not pay.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I guess you need to consider how much MORE time you want to invest. The pressure will only increase, and the stakes are high. Is your doubt only with the social structure or is it with the actual teachings? What holds you there?

NC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit