Unrest in the Governing Body

by JWFreak 75 Replies latest jw friends

• godrulz
    godrulz

My concern for Melvin, then. Carry on.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

And here is my point godrulz. You come here to a group that is angry about the way it was treated in it's former religion. You jump on the bandwagon and criticize the WT with zeal. You call JW's arrogant and ignorant. You are actually talking about our family and friends--and us formerly. We understand each other and we understand the anger. We are concerned with WT issues because we have a stake in it. Some of the people on the forum come for other reasons, and they too offer compassion. But everyone has a different agenda.

I believe your agenda is to criticize WT and by extension us as you have often made sweeping statements putting ex-JW's and JW's in the same category. So you want to fix us. We are fixing ourselves. I'd like to point out that there are thousands of broken Pentecostal brothers and sisters that are reaching out for help. Why aren't you helping them? You have intimate knowledge of their culture and could do so.

If what you say is true, and you are not extreme, then why aren't you helping them? You obviously think you are superior to us, and judging from the many many posts, we don't welcome your condescending attitude. These people once embraced God with the tradition that you follow. If you have a better message for them, then why aren't you sharing it with them? Why us? The ignorant, arrogant ex-JW's that belonged to a cult because they were lacking and weak and fell in with charletons. Clean up your own house before you jump on here and act all high and mighty. You know, the glass house thingy.

Some of your bretheren are having hallucinations and phobias and anxiety disorders because of the way Pentecostals treated them. Don't you want to set the record straight? Don't you want to tell them that they were part of rouge churches and their experience isn't what being a Pentecostal is all about? Don't you want to ask THEM not to judge all Pentecostals based on their bad experiences. I just think that if I were you, I would want to do that. Shouldn't your first concern be your lost sheep and not a Samaritan crowd like us? I say Samaritan because we used the same scriptures but did not believe like you do.

I find myself interested in their plight because I see the similarities. I am not interested in showing them "the way" because they have been through so much. I just don't know why you don't share the same concerns.

NC

• godrulz
    godrulz

I am not the Messiah nor the Holy Spirit. I am not omnipresent, infallible, God, omniscient.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I don't want to highjack this thread godrulz. I'll meet you on another thread.

NC

• lepavoux
    lepavoux

To "Wheres Caleb" (6/21/2011)

Very well said indeed.

• lepavoux
    lepavoux

To "Wheres Caleb" (6/21/2011)

Very well said indeed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest