Unrest in the Governing Body

by JWFreak 75 Replies latest jw friends

• JWFreak
    JWFreak

One of the many questions that I am asked is what are the current GB members like, who are the hardliners and who are more moderate.

Because of my previous job, at a European bethel, I had dealings with most of them with the exception of Sam Herd.

These are my observations of my conversations with them and how others who had dealings with them.

Other ex bethelites may have contrary views to mine, but I would be surprised.

I had spent a lot of time with Splane, Lett and Morris

HardLiners

David Splane, without doubt the one who commands the most respect and attention. Comes across as the most intellegent and persuasive.

Gerrit Losch, wannabe leader, very strong minded, and never listens to others opinions. Thinks that the Org needs to be stricter.

Tony Morris, spends most of his time on the Service Dept. Ruthless and very inconsiderate of the pressures faced by the rank and file. His argumentation is poor, so goes redfaced and raises his voice to get his point over.

More Moderate

Steve Lett. Lives in his own little world, does seem to care for people and takes his time to listen

Guy Pierce, bit wishy washy and inconsistant, wants to please everyone.

Geoff Jackson, goofy pratical joker, not really sure of his leanings, but would imagine it to be more moderate.

Unknown to me is Sam herd, perhaps others can make a comment on him

I believe that the biggest unrest is between Splane and Losch

In fact I would be really interested in your views, as I am writing my memoirs, which will provide details of my meetings with these and other leading lights.

also FYI I am loving life outside the witness world now........Very happy and content

JWF

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

More evidence that they are just a glorified elder body. And we all know how well those run at a local level.....

• james_woods
    james_woods

So, should we take it that in your opinion these guys are mainly administrators? That is, there is no modern Freddy or Ray Franz who are actually thinking the deep theological thoughts anymore?

This is the impression that I had from afar - that they are just trying to keep the organization together by patching up the old bad teachings by such stuff as the "overlapping generations" and the nonsensical blood fractions.

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

So, should we take it that in your opinion these guys are mainly administrators? That is, there is no modern Freddy or Ray Franz who are actually thinking the deep theological thoughts anymore?

It sure seems that way. It has struck me that nowadays there is very little actually discussed about actual JW doctrine. You have the occasional talk about prophecy or article about generational nonsense, but it seems like 98% of all meeting and assembly programs are Sales Pitching 101 and "Beware of Facebook" talks.

• sizemik
    sizemik
    also FYI I am loving life outside the witness world now........Very happy and content

Congrats to you JWF on that score.

I've felt for a while the current GB is a little rudderless on doctrinal issues. Your description says nothing to change my mind.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Doesn't Morris have a military background, before JWs, of course? Doesn't he have sons, are they at Bethel also?

• sir82
    sir82

It's gotta be tough, there's no charismatic dotrine guru, so they are stuck with existing doctrine, just tweaking it here and there (adjusting the definitions assigned to pieces of parables, re-define "generation" again, etc.)

It seems there is a bit of a leadership vacuum at the moment.

Somewhere out there is a cynical ambitious 30 or 40 year old elder/pioneer, maybe even a CO, who has begun partaking of the emblems, with the idea that in 15 or 20 years time he will get "promoted" to the GB and can begin implementing his ideas....

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I don't know much about any of them, perhaps that's their choice. To remain faceless with no accountability?

My own feeling is that they KNOW it's all a bunch of lies and a cult. If I could see it at local BOE level then they either can see and enjoy the lifestyle and power over other people's lives or are so delusional they need medication.

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

Somewhere out there is a cynical ambitious 30 or 40 year old elder/pioneer, maybe even a CO, who has begun partaking of the emblems, with the idea that in 15 or 20 years time he will get "promoted" to the GB and can begin implementing his ideas....

He'd be joining the Platinum Contemporaries Club

• Room 215
    Room 215

The wording in recent WT articles referring to the writers/contributors as "representatives" of the GB suggests that none of these guys does any writing. It's clear there's no one in the house anywhere close to Freddy or Karl Adams in exegesis or infusing the literature with insightful argumentation or perspective. It seems clear the current GB is focused simply holding things together while hoping against hope the Big A arrives in time to rescue them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit