Unrest in the Governing Body

by JWFreak 75 Replies latest jw friends

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Anyone know who heads up what committees?

We have mentioned in this thread so far that Morris heads up Service. Who else does what?

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

Let's bug their meetings and find out.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

A little searching tells me that since Morris has Service, Splane is likely to head up Writing. Splane was a "helper" in Writing at the time he was appointed to the GB. He also had some experience as a "helper" in Service.

Looking through search results it looks like Jackson and Pierce are the only two who have no experience in the Service Department or on the Service Committee. And as mentioned earlier, IIRC, Ted Jaracz was head of Service during the time the rest of the current GB was appointed.

Another interesting note. Only one of the seven current GB members has been on the body for more than 12 years. That is Losch. That is why he thinks he should be in charge.

What is scary is the thought that Splane and Morris are cut from the same cloth. Writing has historically been a bit of a buffer against the harsh Service department. If Writing and Service are on the same page, that's not good for anyone.

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

Losch is the intrigue-manipulator character. Sly and cruel. He is the God of the European branches. He is smart and speaks 4 languages (I think). Definitely hard-liner and old guard.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Marking...

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

The real problem with how the WT is constructed at the top now is that there is no real leader. The management by committee has insured that no one gets out of line.

Say a GB member "wakes up," what is he going to do? If he doesn't toe the line he will quickly find himself in the same situation as Ray Franz. They will show him the door. If he goes quietly, he might be able to serve out his years in some rural territory. I guess it all depends on how much of a threat the body feels the outcast really is, we all know how they treated Ray, a railroad job if there ever was one. The only way a GB member could leave is if he quietly wrote his expose' book and walked out the door. Even then, would he make enough off of the book to survive? I trust none of the current GB could hang wallpaper efficiently enough like poor Ed Dunlap when they gave him the heave ho.

With the Worldwide chuch of God, they were able to reform because the leader died and there was a power vacuum. That just won't happen in WT world.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

What a very interesting thread. Thanks JWF for those insights.

• yknot
    yknot

ya.... splane is heading up Writing.

Sorry try as I might I hear Morris' name and think only three things......

1) lousy presenter .....

2) modern-day coca cola kid....

3) daddy issues.....

I've been told is a hardliner but I can't escape the feeling I get from his talks of him being that over-talking, over-trying wannabe that seems to exist in every circuit......... ya know the converted ones us born/raised roll our eyes at and wonder who he is trying to convince more us or himself.

I am just not impressed........but I will be if he leaves just enough of daddy's money to the WTS and instructions for his boys to get GB nods with the same instructions to continue the baiting game....

• flipper
    flipper

I think the point that tends to get lost in this whole mix of who is a " hardline " GB member and who is a " follower " is the Bethel legal department. What about the WT corporate attorneys who linger in the shadows whispering to the GB that they better damn well change their blood transfusion doctrine or suffer more lawsuits ? So we see a much lax view now towards accepting blood fractions, being a " conscience " matter.

My theory is that it's really the WT legal and corporate attorneys and behind the scenes movers and shakers businesswise who are controlling the GB members like puppets and pulling the real power strings . The GB are just the outward figureheads for rank and file JW's to look up to and are probably getting their direction from the business owners of the WT society. Just like our president is a figurehead to the American people - yet being told what to do by corporate America , the banking industry, and the Bilderbergs. I see a eerie similarity here. As Neil Young once sang " There's more to the picture than meets the eye. " Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Gerrit Losch, wannabe leader, very strong minded, and never listens to others opinions. Thinks that the Org needs to be stricter.

I dont know the rest (sam herd was a DO but I didn't really know him.) Your take on Losch is spot on...And he demonizes american football.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit