Unrest in the Governing Body

by JWFreak 75 Replies latest jw friends

• james_woods
    james_woods
    It's clear there's no one in the house anywhere close to Freddy or Karl Adams in exegesis or infusing the literature with insightful argumentation or perspective.

Actually, considering some of the nut-job teachings Freddy came up with, that might not be a totally bad thing.

Except, of course, that they have allowed the completely crazy overlapping-generation excuse for the previous false prophecy - and - that they seem to be totally obsessed by control freaking and ranting about apostacy, total loyalty, the internet, and absolute obedience to the GB.

• besty
  • Joliette
    Joliette

I get a douche bag vibe from most of them on the DVD.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

I didn't know how to gauge Morris; interesting. Thanks for the info, JWFreak!

• Alfred
    Alfred

Early last year Anthony Morris and David Splane were in Puerto Rico where we had a strange and pointless 2-hour assembly in a coliseum... there was a lot of buzz about this (since GB visits to Puerto Rico are extremely rare), so everyone thought a special announcement was going to be made about major changes... but this assemby just left everyone asking: "what was that all about?"

Anyway, Anthony Morri made some puzzling comments about field service... at one point, he even asked the audience: "Who here likes to get up early on Saturdays and go to Field Service?" Less than 10% of the audience raised their hands... He then said: "Wow, that many? I commend you... I sure don't like doing it." I immediately looked around and noticed everyone looking at each other in astonishment... very bizarre moment. He then realized he put his foot in his mouth and started back-peddling by explaining how difficult Field Service has become in these "last days"... I really felt like yelling out: "Tell that to the brothers in Malawi"...

• Mr Moody
    Mr Moody

There is clearly a disconect building between the new generation of Witnesses coming up through the congregations and the GB. Even some of the older Elders are becoming uneasy about the way the GB are behaving.

• aristeas
    aristeas

New here, but picking up on some good stuff. I'm not here to gripe but to glean what I can about the big O.

JWF, your thread and comments are VERY MUCH appreciated.

I am wondering, however, how your observations on Pierce jibe with Barb Anderson's portrayal of him. Are you familiar with her statements?

Which Bethel were you in?

James_woods:

Since the current GB members were all hand picked by Ted Jaracz, NO, there is no R Franz, D Sydlik, or L Berry there. Those guys were his nemeses! Berry was Knorr's man who removed TJ as branch servant in Australia back in the 60-70s, so TJ never forgave him. Berry, who ran the Writing Dept., also had a bachelor's degree, and you can see from recent reports how the current GB members have been ranting against that! I think Barb A (?) has related that things were so bad between TJ and DS that at 'get-togethers' in Bethelites' rooms, DS would leave if TJ showed up!

There doesn't seem to be anyone even remotely competent to think & write anything other than 'meeting the needs of the bros.' anymore. I remember one Writing Dept. bro. telling me some years ago how they needed some real scholarly types but how there was opposition to that. And that was while Sydlik and Berry were still alive. With no liberal GBers now, you can just imagine how they think: 'Research the truth? We already have it, brother! No need to research it.'

Anyway, it's all changed now. TJ's thinking rules thru his selected protegés, and that rules out anything theological.

Room 215:

Spot on! Did Karl Adams die? I've been out of it for a while.

Glad to be here and finding folks who want to do more than complain. (No put down on complaining though—we all know there's plenty of valid reason for that!)

Cheers.

• Joliette
    Joliette

"Wow, that many? I commend you... I sure don't like doing it."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzYRvaD-xkQ

• willianciano
  • godrulz
    godrulz

I would never trust my destiny to these cats. Read the Bible without the WT glasses as God intended. The Holy Spirit is able to lead into truth (don't forget to jettison the sectarian NWT for a credible version).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit