"Overlapping generation" explanation - TRANSCRIBED EXTRACT from Friday's talk (DC 2011-12)

by AnnOMaly 149 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Joey Jo-Jo
    Joey Jo-Jo

ahahah@ Ding, so true.

I was thinking "How to complicate complications" or "How to make crap out of thin air"

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Star Trek: Next Generation = JWs: The Overlapping Generation

• bats in the belfry
  • tornapart
    tornapart

This is what finally did it for me. I've ben in long enough to hear the whole lot. Those old enough to understand what 1914 was all about.. first at least in their teens, then at least ten.. then those born in or around 1914. As that became difficult to believe it was a generation or an 'era' of people. Then this came along. And they actually expect us to swallow it? How far can you stretch a rubber band??! It just makes the whole 1914 thing collapse in pieces.. and if that's not true....how can any of it be?

• JustHuman14
    JustHuman14

Boy, am I glad that I left the Cult 12 years ago!!! By the time they will come with the complete definition of the Generation, I will have grandchildren!!!

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

TORNAPART - this was an "awakening" moment for me as well. They're going to need to write their own dictionary to redefine all known words to fit their worldview. The rubber band is on its way to breaking.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

The rubberband breaks, they tie on another piece, some wake up, others are happy and thank Jehovah that the rubberband was fixed. What ya gonna do? Mind control sucks.

• Room 215
    Room 215

The mere fact they find it necessary to prepare this little skit for a Circuit Assembly shows they realize how many JWs are gagging over this "new light"

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Boy, am I glad that I left the Cult 12 years ago!!! By the time they will come with the complete definition of the Generation, I will have grandchildren!!!

I do have grandchildren!

The mere fact they find it necessary to prepare this little skit for a Circuit Assembly shows they realize how many JWs are gagging over this "new light"

But no matter how many times the same ole "overlap crap" is receited, it just ain't adding up to lots of "faithful" JWs. Most are not saying anything too loudly "publicly" -- THEY CAN'T! But LOTS of murmuring going on. Lots of whispering in the shadows. Even the Old Timers. Maybe especially the Old Timers since they are the ones who remember all the New Lite Adjustments through the years.

Twice in the WT. Once at the Dist Conv. Now repeated at the Cir Assm. And still all the WTF? expressions on everyone's faces. The only one saying "OH YEAH! I get it now!" was the guy doing the demo.

Lots of rolling-the-eyes on this one and the truly faithful are in anticipation of a "correction" -- or New Lite.

DOC

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

How anybody in their right mind would believe this ridiculous explanation is beyond me.

The speaker makes the ridiculous comparison of a kid who is in school and has other kids of varying ages around him, and that they are all school children. The issue with that is that those kids are 3 to 4 years apart. But the Watchtower says that as long as they overlap they are part of the same generation. This means that my grandfather and I are of the same generation. How logic.......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit