"Overlapping generation" explanation - TRANSCRIBED EXTRACT from Friday's talk (DC 2011-12)

by AnnOMaly 149 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

ROFL open mind, I nearly choked laughing at that!

• sir82
    sir82
    If it doesn't happen by 2050 I'll buy you a dinner at a nice mediocre restaurant, how's that sound? I'll be old but hopefully not dead at that time.

By 2050, my dinners will, alas, likely be of the applesauce / clear broth / baby food variety.

Unless Armageddon comes first of course!

• Violia
    Violia

by 2034 I'll be around 80 and a lot of those who remember 1975 will be deceased. The only way the wts has been able to survive until now is b/c we did not have the Internet during the Russell to Rutherford falling away.

We do today so we can document this all this and any jws who cares to can read it. They probably wont' however, just as Mad said, they will keep coming up with some plausible excuse and those who know the truth about the org will be deceased or DF .

• doubtful
    doubtful

Marked for later. Great stuff you guys

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

If you look at the perspective of what the WTS. has at its grasp and that is a billion dollars in assets around the world and 7 million

plus devoted and subjective members. They will come up with another reason or explanation to why things never occurred as they previously said,

remember they have a history of doing this now, one might even say they have been pre-trained for the task.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Do the Witnesses teach that the apostles and Paul were remnant? I don't know. Were there anointed from Jesus' time to today in a continuous line? I believe the Catholic Church has more than 144,000 saints.

No Witnesses ever seem to hold them to task for presenting the truth that they arrogantly call the Truth. Truth that is everchanging cannot be truth. Humans are humans. I can understand a revision here or there as whatever happens. Jesus said he was the Truth, not the WTBTS. Humility lessons are in order.

The older I become and the more I learn, I realize more and more that no person can ever know but a minute fragment of truth. Truth is colored by culture. Ah, I feel I write the same things all the time. Maybe I am deluded that the GB will read this and atone.

• Violia
    Violia

If they would get out of the prophecy business and just say that their hope is a earthy one- when or however Jehovah chooses to make it happen. They would look less ridiculous.

• moshe
    moshe
    Now we know the resurrection of the anointed began shortly after Christ was enthroned in 1914.

Now we know that Judge Rutherford's favorite drink was Old Grand-dads Whiskey and that explains everything about why the WT is still stumbling around trying to produce a coherent religious dogma based on the Judge's 86 proof legacy.

• VM44
    VM44

..."we've taken eye-witness testimony..."

What "eye-witness testimony"?

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

Mathematical transitivity principle: If A overlaps B and B overlaps C, then A overlaps C. They will make it seem logic in this context and all the dubs at the meetings will go "oooh, how logic! How the slave gives us proper spiritual food on time!".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit