"Overlapping generation" explanation - TRANSCRIBED EXTRACT from Friday's talk (DC 2011-12)

by AnnOMaly 149 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• donny
    donny

Group 1 of this generation discerned the sign of Christ's presence in 1914. But they weren't merely born in 1914 nor merely alive to witness the start of Christ's presence. They were spirit-anointed in or before 1914.

How can this be true? Up until around 1943 they were in the belief that Jesus returned in 1874. How could they discern his presence in 1914 when he had already been around for 40 years?

• sizemik
    sizemik

Love the "school age" illustration for a group that just LOVES everyone to get a decent education. The overlap will last indefinitely for all those still stuck in 3rd Grade.

• elderelite
    elderelite

First let me say thank u and great job sucking it up and transcribing this crap for the rest of us cause lord knows i didnt want to actually listen to it

What punk said about cognative dissoance is spot on! I felt my eyes glazing over just trying to comprhend it... Nobody could possibly think that crap through and find it "logical"... They want to believe it and thus will...

And donny just scored the game winner imho.... They didnt dicern anything in 1914, they thought he was long back! It rewriting history in true 1984 orwellian style. They thought ww1 breaking out was the great tribulation starting... Revisionist crap at best

• Ding
    Ding

Anyone fans of "The Fantastic 4"?

Remember how Reed Richards could STRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRETCH"?

• wobble
    wobble

Goood point Donny, and as they continued to teach that his presence/return was 1874 for almost two decades after 1914, they were, by their own admisiion, teaching lies !

So we are supposed to believe they discerned the 1914 thing, and yet taught differently ? It all falls apart so badly once examined.

What a silly cult they are.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

It shouldn't be that complicated. Why don't they say it's just a mystery like the Trinity.

A lot of Witnesses are having trouble with this or they wouldn't keep bringing it up. I know in my own congregation some had issues with this generation explanation. It led to a special public talk on putting trust in God's organization,in other words,shut up,we know what we're talking about ,even if,you do not.

I also know this because a couple elders told me others had the same issues about this new understanding.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Yup, they are deep in it now.

• sizemik
    sizemik
    Yup, they are deep in it now.

Agreed JGnat . . . the worst thing to do when in quicksand is to flail about.

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

Are they saying that the age differential of children in grade school (say kindergarten to grade 8) is comparable to the age differential of the supposedly annointed from 1914 and those annointed of today?

Yeah you might get by with saying that a range of children with ages within a decade of each other could be part of the same generation. In the other case though we're talking 1914 to 2011!!!

They're trying to force the meaning of a "class" onto the word generation. Maybe its a lingering influence from the very old distinctions they made in the late 1800s between "this generation" and "the regeneration".

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

@Emptyinside = It shouldn't be that complicated.

Spot on!

The dubs are being baffled with bulls hit!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit