World Destruction

by Maze 41 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Maze
    Maze

I remember an alternative song released in the 1980's.

Nothing has changed since then for the better, only for the worse. Will humanity bring the world to a permanent end if divine intervention wasn't a factor to take into consideration? Oppressive forces impact society from every direction.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Late-2000s_financial_crisis

The late-2000s financial crisis (often called the Credit Crunch, the Global Financial Crisis (GFC), and sometimes referred to as the Great Recession is considered by many economists to be the worst financial crisis since the Great Depression of the 1930s. It was triggered by a liquidity shortfall in the United States banking system and has resulted in the collapse of large financial institutions, the bailout of banks by national governments, and downturns in stock markets around the world. In many areas, the housing market has also suffered, resulting in numerous evictions, foreclosures and prolonged vacancies. It contributed to the failure of key businesses, declines in consumer wealth estimated in the trillions of U.S. dollars, and a significant decline in economic activity, leading to a severe global economic recession in 2008.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/02/080220132611.htm
    It's not just your imagination. Providing the first-ever definitive proof, a team of scientists has shown that emerging infectious diseases such as HIV, Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS), West Nile virus and Ebola are indeed on the rise. By analyzing 335 incidents of previous disease emergence beginning in 1940, the study has determined that zoonoses -- diseases that originate in animals -- are the current and most important threat in causing new diseases to emerge. And most of these, including SARS and the Ebola virus, originated in wildlife. Antibiotic drug resistance has been cited as another culprit, leading to diseases such as extremely drug-resistant tuberculosis (XDR TB).

http://environment.nationalgeographic.com/environment/global-warming/pollution-overview/

Smog hanging over cities is the most familiar and obvious form of air pollution. But there are different kinds of pollution—some visible, some invisible—that contribute to global warming. Generally any substance that people introduce into the atmosphere that has damaging effects on living things and the environment is considered air pollution.

Carbon dioxide, a greenhouse gas, is the main pollutant that is warming Earth. Though living things emit carbon dioxide when they breathe, carbon dioxide is widely considered to be a pollutant when associated with cars, planes, power plants, and other human activities that involve the burning of fossil fuels such as gasoline and natural gas. In the past 150 years, such activities have pumped enough carbon dioxide into the atmosphere to raise its levels higher than they have been for hundreds of thousands of years.

http://www.pbs.org/frontlineworld/stories/srilanka/globalthreat.html

Suicide terrorism is the readiness to sacrifice one's life in the process of destroying or attempting to destroy a target to advance a political goal. The aim of the psychologically and physically war-trained terrorist is to die while destroying the enemy target.

In the 1980s suicide terrorism was witnessed in Lebanon, Kuwait and Sri Lanka. In the 1990s it had spread to Israel, India, Panama, Algeria, Pakistan, Argentina, Croatia, Turkey, Tanzania and Kenya. With enhanced migration of terrorist groups from conflict-ridden countries, the formation of extensive international terrorist infrastructures and the increased reach of terrorist groups in the post Cold War period, suicide terrorism is likely to affect Western Europe and North America in the foreseeable future.

There are now 10 religious and secular terrorist groups that are capable of using suicide terrorism as a tactic against their governments and/or foreign governments. They are: the Islam Resistance Movement (Hamas) and the Palestinian Islamic Jihad of the Israeli occupied territories; Hezbollah of Lebanon; the Egyptian Islamic Jihad (EIJ) and Gamaya Islamiya (Islamic Group - IG) of Egypt; the Armed Islamic Group (GIA) of Algeria; Barbar Khalsa International (BKI) of India; the Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam (LTTE) of Sri Lanka; the Kurdistan Worker's Party (PKK) of Turkey; and the Osama bin Laden network (Al Qaeda) of Afghanistan.

• chicken little
    chicken little

Well personally I think the destruction of the dinasours counts much higher on the cataclysmic scale than anything you point out. Then comes the Bubonic Plague...then the widespread famine in the aftermath of the Laki volcano in 1768, but hej we were not around then so everything is soooo worse today. Check out life expectancy charts from the last couple of hundred years and see what you find out. Better still go onto a charity site like the Red Cross and see just what advances are being made even in areas that have been viewed as "behind".

What gets me is that humans only see what they want to see; if you want to see death and destruction you will find it everywhere, just look at the animal kingdom first. If you want to see positive advances; you will find them, get involved with a charity or a fundraising project.

• sizemik
    sizemik

The original question is what I will address.

Oppressive forces have impacted society from every direction throughout mankind's entire history. Even the Bible account of man's history, while cogently questionable, says as much. It is understandable that a desire to be free from the struggle of survival dominates intelligent man, but the struggle for survival is the preserve of every form of life on this planet. Many Species have been ravaged by organisms labelled diseases as they have crossed boundaries in thier own struggle for survival and quest for domain. It is in the nature of all life to fall and rise in fortune as they interact, compete and utilise resources.

Today, humankind is the dominant species. He has a high level of intelligence to aid him in his own quest for dominion. Unfortunately this intelligence has not proved sufficient to exercise that to a satisfactory degree. It follows that he would deduce that a "higher intelligence" is required in order to achieve that. That simple deduction has prompted the defeatest belief that such an intelligence actually exists . . . therefore religion. The escapism of religion has in fact constituted rivalries that have only added problematically to his quest. As in the ones you have listed.

If man's survival depends on a higher intelligence, he will have to develop that himself. Until that time, his existence will be subject to the same rises and falls that is the preserve of all life. Life has it's own mechanisms for balancing it's flaws. It would appear that mankind will indeed suffer a degree of "fall" as population increase compounds old problems that haven't been overcome. As a wise man said "We cannot solve the worlds problems using the same thinking that created them" . . . and that includes religious escapism.

But will he be responsible for the "end of the world?" . . . I don't think so. Massive changes maybe, but we are still just part of life on this planet . . . not the Masters of it . . . and neither is any God we might invent to escape that simple fact.

• still thinking
    still thinking

OMG Maze...that was one of my favorite EP's.....brought back memories...thanks

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Oh, Gawd. You really would make my father's favorite daughter.

He preaches to HH's about how bad the world is while walking from door to door with two state-of-the-art replacement hips. Talks to his greatgrandkids on the other side of the planet ........ with video. It's now a four hour flight to get to where the need is great when it used to take us three days by boat. Oh what a terrible world it has become.

• losthobbit
    losthobbit

I always feel the need to shake my head when someone mentions economic problems. Money is simply debt... a number on a computer somewhere that indicates that someone owes someone something. It's purely artificial. Who do we owe money to? The minority of humans.

once again a resource based economy... http://www.thevenusproject.com is the only proposed solution that I know of.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Tell me Maze, when in human history (not the mythical Garden of Eden) were things better than today?

Revelation 11:18 speaks of the Judgment day, God will "...bring to ruin those ruining the earth."

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

After watching a few episodes of this show I'd say we have it pretty good:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeD79bcvXUQ&feature=related

• jgnat
    jgnat

Maze, if you believe it hard enough, will it happen?

Is it a sin to build, grow, and create on earth now?

http://www.wildbirds.org/oaks/oaks.htm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit