World Destruction

by Maze 41 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Maze

Will humanity bring the world to a permanent end if divine intervention wasn't a factor to take into consideration?

Highly improbable. I agree with everyone above. If you look for bad you'll find bad. Look for good and you'll find good.

It's a classic WT tactic to pose questions designed to show people how awful things are becoming, to condition them to think that "divine intervention" is inevitable and the only thing that can save them, and then...CRUNCH...to show them that the divine intervention will only be available for those who comply with what the WT says God wants and that everyone else will be eradicated....as in the recent WT illustration showing an angry Jehovah eliminating most of mankind with a sweep of his hand while the clean young JW's walked on gazing trustfully forwards and upwards, resolutely turning their backs on the stormclouds and anguish of their fellow humans behind them...mostly doing "sinful" things" or dressed brazenly.

What a world the WT envisages, and what contempt they have for their fellow human beings!

Is that how you see things, Maze?

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Nothing from you and your religion but negatvity.

Cheer up, emo.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

palmtree, I wish my grass was like Maze and other JWs, this way it would cut itself.

• Maze
    Maze
    Tell me Maze, when in human history (not the mythical Garden of Eden) were things better than today?

uw chap. 6 p. 46 par. 1 The Issue That All Creation Has to Face

When rebellion broke out in Eden a serious issue was raised that affects all creation. Approaching Eve, Satan implied that she and her husband Adam were being seriously deprived.

If the world was a bowl of cherries up to the Biblically foretold last days, the issue that Satan raised in the Garden of Eden would have long since been answered.

And in answer Jesus said to them: “Look out that nobody misleads you; for many will come on the basis of my name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will mislead many. You are going to hear of wars and reports of wars; see that you are not terrified. For these things must take place, but the end is not yet. “For nation will rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be food shortages and earthquakes in one place after another. All these things are a beginning of pangs of distress. Matthew 24:4-8

But know this, that in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here. For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, self-assuming, haughty, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, disloyal, having no natural affection, not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, without love of goodness, betrayers, headstrong, puffed up [with pride], lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God, having a form of godly devotion but proving false to its power; and from these turn away. For from these arise those men who slyly work their way into households and lead as their captives weak women loaded down with sins, led by various desires, always learning and yet never able to come to an accurate knowledge of truth. 2 Timothy 3:1-7

But the nations became wrathful, and your own wrath came, and the appointed time for the dead to be judged, and to give [their] reward to your slaves the prophets and to the holy ones and to those fearing your name, the small and the great, and to bring to ruin those ruining the earth. Revelation 11:18

These signs of the last days have dramatically intensified in the 20th century. It's only been in the 20th century that we've had the technology to “ruin the earth.”

• Maze
    Maze
    Tell me Maze, when in human history (not the mythical Garden of Eden) were things better than today?

There's more evidence for creation than mythical ape-men.

• metatron
    metatron

A huge part of the economic problems worldwide are caused by the fact that people in the developed world are living longer than ever before in recorded history. And that's "worse"? Just this fact by itself puts the lie to the 'worse and worse' Witness mantra.

Disease? Nothing compared to the Black Death or Bubonic Plague - no, not even AIDS.

Pollution? The progress across the past 50 years in US cities air and water has been almost miraculous. Does the Cuyahoga River catch fire anymore? Has lead in the US environment plunged?

Suicide Warriors/Terrorists a Recent Phenomena? FALSE! There were Kamikazes galore in WW2, there were suicide warriors all over the place, once the honest stats were used in bomber and submarine fleets. Vietnam and other Communist countries had plenty of 'defacto' suicide warriors, too.

And civil society? Worse and worse? What kind of an idiot would that make you? Does the US commonly lynch Negroes anymore? Or restrict 'the Irish' from jobs? Where was all the concern about bullying 20 - 50 years ago? Wow, you mean I can't beat my wife anymore? ( which is where the phrase "rule of thumb" came from - limiting a stick's width to use for same).

How about those "Good Old Days" - the Victorian Era, that the ever backward Watchtower loves so much? When the US army was dangerously debilitated by widespread VD in grandpaw's day - in WW One? Causing them to issue condoms in WW Two with the phrase, "put it on before you put it in"?

Ah, bring back those wonderful days when women were second class citizens who couldn't vote and the "darkies" were held down by savage bigotry. It was so much better then. When you could buy opium to keep the kiddies quiet at the local pharmacy - and radium was advertised as a new miracle for better health!

metatron

• sizemik
    sizemik
    There's more evidence for creation than mythical ape-men.

There is no evidence for either myth . . . that's why they're myths

• metatron
    metatron

Oh, and more thing that has always appeared to me as a Watchtower deception: Rev. 11 "bring to ruin those ruining the earth"

Baloney! Where is your PROOF for an environmental context for this text? Who can prove it has anything to do with pollution?

Genesis 6:12 refers to the earth being ruined by wickedness and violence. I am unaware of any proof for a 'snail darter/ effluent/pesticide context' for this scripture within the Bible. This is how the Watchtower uses circular reasoning to trick people into belief as in 'well, we see the earth being "ruined" in these last days, don't we?'

If you wanna interpret Revelation using the rest of the Bible, you are stuck with Genesis 6.... and I don't think Noah had any cars or factories in his day.

metatron

• Maze
    Maze
    Oh, and more thing that has always appeared to me as a Watchtower deception: Rev. 11 "bring to ruin those ruining the earth"
    Baloney! Where is your PROOF for an environmental context for this text? Who can prove it has anything to do with pollution?
    Genesis 6:12 refers to the earth being ruined by wickedness and violence. I am unaware of any proof for a 'snail darter/ effluent/pesticide context' for this scripture within the Bible. This is how the Watchtower uses circular reasoning to trick people into belief as in 'well, we see the earth being "ruined" in these last days, don't we?'
    If you wanna interpret Revelation using the rest of the Bible, you are stuck with Genesis 6.... and I don't think Noah had any cars or factories in his day.

metatron

Feel free to observe how Genesis 6:12 and Revelation 11:18 are rendered in other Bible translations.

http://bible.cc/genesis/6-12.htm

God saw how corrupt the earth had become, for all the people on earth had corrupted their ways. New International Version
    http://bible.cc/revelation/11-18.htm

The nations were angry; and your wrath has come. The time has come for judging the dead, and for rewarding your servants the prophets and your saints and those who reverence your name, both small and great--and for destroying those who destroy the earth." New International Version

This reinforces the meaning of ruining the earth's physical environment as defined in Revelation 11:18.

• Retrovirus
    Retrovirus

Proof for the main point of the OP - a song.

Maze is asked

and dodges the question by replying

There's more evidence for creation than mythical ape-men

From Maze's previous post, which at least was an attempt to address "World Destruction"

These signs of the last days have dramatically intensified in the 20th century. It's only been in the 20th century that we've had the technology to “ruin the earth"

Except that the Biblical word - erets - means earth in the sense of "ground", not "world". Thus every time a yard is laid with cobblestones the "earth" is ruined. No need for advanced technology.

If you really believe your strained interpretation, Maze - hope you don't drive a car.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit