Music-related jw urban myths

by rebel8 64 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Just checked wiki...

Malcolm and Angus Young developed the idea for the band's name after their older sister, Margaret Young, saw the initials "AC/DC" on a sewing machine. [ 16 ] "AC/DC" is an abbreviation meaning "alternating current/direct current" electricity. The brothers felt that this name symbolised the band's raw energy, power-driven performances, and a love for their music. [ 16 ] [ 17 ] [ 18 ] "AC/DC" is pronounced one letter at a time, though the band are popularly known as "Acca Dacca" in Australia. [ 19 ] [ 20 ]

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

My favorite urban myths:

ACDC - Anti-Christ, Devil Concert

KISS, the Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Metallica, Guns 'n Roses, Slipknot, Beastie Boys, Marilyn Manson, Limp Bizkit, NOFX, The Offspring, HIM, ABBA, the Gorillaz, ICP, Snoop Dogg, TuPac were all bad and inspired by Satan himself and some had hidden messages from demons.

Playing tapes in reverse would let you hear messages from demons.

Heavy Metal would have subliminal messages that make you kill your parents

Rap has messages that encourage the gangster life, drugs and "illicit sex relationships"

Brother so-and-so saw demons appear next to me when we played (insert band here, usually Beatles or something 70's)

Brother so-and-so was visited by demons and his stuff went through a wall when he had all those records from (insert band here)

When we threw out music from (insert band here) our life was much better and we had less accidents happen.

(Insert famous classical/jazz music conductor/creator) asked me about the Kingdom Melodies when he heard them while I was playing them at my job

The Kingdom Melodies calm me down

I like the new Kingdom Melodies

Funny enough I have music from all of the above mentioned and actual Wicca music. Nothing ever happened to me and I was never inclined to do bad. If you ever had the opportunity to go to an (acid) house music concert or go into the trance/hardcore scene, you should do so. I did frequently when I was a young witness. Music that is so loud and low in frequency that it appears like it's fairly quiet but you can't hear yourself talk. Nice if you have to go to the meeting the next day, you'll hear droning in your ears all Sunday.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

I heard the Earth, Wind & Fire thing, supposedly they were warning JWs that they were about to do something demonic. I remember once @ the meeting they played a record backwards, trying to prove it had demonic messages.

• faundy
    faundy

How weird, we heard the same rumour here in the UK, only it was the Eurythmics, and that they wanted to contact demons but Witnesses were "stopping the messages coming through."

Amazing what a body armour of Holy Spirit can do to fuck up singers' evil worship...

• nugget
    nugget

Faundry I heard the same rumour about Eurythmics.

I also heard the John Denver one.

My sister was a fanatical JW and threw out BeeGees spirits having flown album and ELO but don't know why.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse
    How weird, we heard the same rumour here in the UK, only it was the Eurythmics, and that they wanted to contact demons but Witnesses were "stopping the messages coming through."

I heard the same thing Faundy and actually threw away an Annie Lennox tape.

I heard all the ACDC/KISS rumours.

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

Stairway was ruff.....

I remember a Party at an Elders house (When teens could still have parties) the end of the night All us kids sat in a circle and we finished night listening to Stairway with the lights turned down very low....

It's a memory I will never forget.....

Just Love Stuck Horny Teens sitting next to the Girl they Secretly Loved and Shared a song the Had Sexual Appeal.....

Then Brother Willy Bentley came by and DESTROYED IT ALL!!!!

I also Burned MY VINYL LED ZEPPELIN ALBUMS....ALL OF THEM from Zeppelin III with "Do What thou wilt" on the Record....

Physical Graffiti and the Beautiful art work and changing windows..

In through The Outdoor with the Paint set inside!!!!

BURNED THEM ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes I was sat down in the Snake Pit several times for getting CAUGHT listening to Zeppelin......

I snuck in a "Zeppelin" related song in my Wedding... Robert Plant with Jimmy on guitar Sea Of Love....

Someone recognized it and I was talked to later............

In High School My Locker was a Shrine to my Heros.....

Funny.... never got in trouble for that....well that I can remember...

I was in that Snake Pit so Often for My Love of Music.....

Even later on in the mid 90's I was counseled about some of the Classical Music....

Holst because the titles were Zodiac...

• sizemik
    sizemik

Yeah Charlie Brown . . . you revoke some disturbing memories . . . I dumped a collection of nearly 1300 LP vinyls . . . nearly filled a 44 gallon waste drum . . . a painful, painful memory.

Same kinda thing for KISS = Knights In Satan's Service

I recall in the early 80's being told in a public talk from the platform . . . that KISS stood for Kid's In Satan's Service (slightly different) and that the SS part was a Nazi symbol. It was the talk that precipitated the aforementioned sacrilege.

The Stairway to Heaven backtracking bullshit got an airing too.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Annie Lennox used to get her lyrics from a demon - no idea if that was true or false - ohh demons are fictitious so it must be FALSE.

Goodbye Stranger by Super tramp - this is what some arsehole wrote on "song Facts"

This person who wrote the song seems to have come in contact with two women who shared with him the Bible's hope of living in paradise on earth. He could not pursue learning more of it, since he 'has to keep moving on'.
    He is tied to his lifestyle of, basically, unaccountability.
    But actually, we are all accountable to God for how we use our lives.

The women were using theirs to share the good news of God's Kingdom with all they met.

This man knew what they shared with him was ' the undisputed truth' since they showed him from the Bible (Ps 37: 11, 29, 34).
    He saw that God's Kingdom will destroy Satan's system and governments (Daniel 2;44), and bring wonderful condtions (Ps 72:16, Ps 46:9,10, Isa 35:1, Isa 11:8,9; to all who will take the time (John 17:3)to prioritize and learn the path of loyal worship from God's Word through the true Christian congregation today (Isa 43:10; Ps 83:18) & (Matthew 24:45).

But he is ship w/out an anchor, and must be moving on.

Most people are like that today; they never take the time to let God's Word instruct them, or they buy in to warped and inaccurate views of truth, just like Pilate.

The truth is that Jehovah's Witnesses are the only ones out there preaching the good news of God's Kingdom, the message that Jesus Christ himself preached and commanded his followers to preach (Matthew 24:14, Matt 28:19,20; Luke 4:43; Daniel 2:44; Rev 12:9-12 and 21:3,4).
    Soon the time of favor for responding will be over.
    But Jehovah's will shall be done.
    The paradise earth, God's original purpose, will come and God's name will be glorified; the same name that Jesus Christ devoted his life to glorifying (John 17:26; John 17:1-5).

Oh BTW that is total bollox!

• RADHESYAM
    RADHESYAM

Can't believe noone has said this one yet:

HOTEL CALIFORNIA by the eagles - MAJOR no no for dubs.

of course we couldnt listen to "Another one bites the dust" by Queen.

Heard the John Denver rumor.

Anything by GUNS N ROSES was definately out because they had a crucifix on their album cover. (my favorite band to this day)

Same for Madonna - she used a lot of "idolatry" and crucifixes.

strangely, some pioneer boys from another town started a band and their repetoire was all Hendrix and Led Zeppelin stuff, so I guess thise rumors never made it to Tasmania.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit