Music-related jw urban myths

by rebel8 64 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.
    Heard the John Denver rumor.

Let's see if I remember it right......

Tell me if it's the same one.....
    During a Concert John Denver asked if there were any Jehovah Witnesses in the Audience...If So....Please LEAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• FirstLastName
    FirstLastName

I remember growing up in the 90's and listening to Led Zepplin and my "super holy " JW best friend heard the rumor that if you listened to it backwards it talked about Satan. We only had tapes and CD's so there for no way for us to verify - but it did not stop her from competely freaking out. I still have the memory of her running outside and ripping the tape out of the cassette and destoying her copy while sobbing tears.

I heard the John Denver rumors also, but because my parents were Led Zepplin and John Denver fans, I never saw much reaction for those rumors.

Everything is base on fear.

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

sorry can't resist....

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

I Live For ZEPPELIN...

Thanks to the Internet everygroup has backward messages...

So heres Stairway.... May Pagey and Plant forgive me....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwiba6_LYP0

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

That Simpsons clip makes me think of making some fake CD's with some good music and putting them in the hall. It will be a howl.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

That was GREAT Charlie Brown. I've been a Zeppelin fan since the seventies--I was never able to give them up even for the WT. BTW, I met a Zeppelin member--but don't want to give too many details as this could identify me! LOL, I always found ways to meet the big guys.

NC

• d
    d

I was not allowed to listen to Eminem or Usher, or R Kelly. Emienmen caused a lot of controversy when I was child. The Song Cleaning out my closet was banned among the Jw's in 2002.

http://youtu.be/RQ9_TKayu9s

• rebel8
    rebel8

Or she's a witch, don't listen, and I'd say then we shouldn't listen to ANYONE in false religion.

Where your logic fails is that you cannot get demon possessed by listening to a Lutheran sing, while you can from a witch singer. Demons travel over radio waves from the witch to your ears.

Lutherans generally don't have demons, they're just wrong. /kidding

Brother so-and-so was visited by demons and his stuff went through a wall when he had all those records from (insert band here)

They are saying his belongings levitated and passed through a solid wall? lol

Add to your list--
    Brother so-and-so decided to burn all his (insert band here) albums in a BBQ right before he got baptized, and demon screams were heard while he was burning them.

During a Concert John Denver asked if there were any Jehovah Witnesses in the Audience...If So....Please LEAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The way it went here is he said dubs were great & asked them to all stand. When they did, he played the National Anthem. Then Johnny Carson later lauds dubs and orders Denver to leave his show. It's on snopes.com.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

hmmm Rebel. I am so very confused now. ? If everyone in false religion is really worshipping SATAN then... No wait, I mean, if the DEMONS and SATAN are behind all religions not JW and God doesn't hear their prayers . . . OUCH, let me try this again. Okay, all religions outside of WT are false religions set up by the Devil and demons but only CERTAIN ones are honored with their presence! Yes, that is it.

Damn Rebel, now I gotta dig my turntable out of the attic and spin my Black Sabbath records backward and see if they can explain. Thanks!

I hope no demons attach themselves to this post when I hit send. They are everywhere electronic you know.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

All this talk reminded me of something. My best friend in high school, before the JW years, kept getting sucked into this uber conservative church. I would know it because she would wash off her makeup, put away her jewelry, stop cutting her hair and start wearing dresses. I would rub my hands in anticipation because I knew the music purge was coming. I'd relieve her of all her Black Sabbath, Nazareth, Led Zeppelin. Eagles, whatever. My music collection grew and grew because she always had more money than me. THEN she would wake up again and speak longingly of her lost music. I'd get a horrified look on my face like she wanted to take away MY music.

Interestingly, she became JW and I followed. Then she became an APOSTATE, and after 30 years of friendship I shunned her, (yes, I'm ashamed). Well now look at me! We reconnected and talk every day. It occurs to me that it is possible I've never had one original idea!

NC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit