Damn you Kingdom Melodies! Damn you to hell...

by unshackled 44 Replies latest jw friends

• DarioKehl
    DarioKehl

As effed up as this seems, i'm kinda drawn to the throwback Kingdom Melodies I grew up on, especially after they released that new book full of the creepiest goll-dern mo-fo soundin' cult church droning I've ever heard in my life! Anyone else suffer panic attacks when they hear the new stuff??? I've successfully faded over the last 2 years, but when I go to the obligatory convention or assembly with my fam, that new stuff CONFIRMS that this organization is persuing a new and dreadful direction. I'd rather chase Ny-Quil with an Oreo cookie than hear this crappy poison!!!

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Damn, I wish I hadn't read this thread. Now they are stuck in my head.

• ambersun
    ambersun

I still get certain songs popping into my head at odd moments even though I haven't been to a meeting in over 20 years. I actually don't mind too much because it's great to know that I have successfully faded away and don't have to go and sing them for real any more.

If it bothers you, just play a few catchy CDs and your brain will get the message and put the cult song back on its dusty shelf in the recesses of your memory until the next time it decides to get it out for a quick play

P.S. I am sooooo glad I faded long before I had to endure listening to any of this new stuff, seemingly devoid of any possible influence from real composers with actual training and musical ability. Who are actually writing these songs? As the WTS frowns on further education, I can't imagine anybody in a high position in WT land having been allowed to study music past a basic High School standard. It all sounds dire

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

I havn't been near a kingdom hall for 13 years

and the other day i'm whistling some tune...

damn! It was a bloody Kingdom melody!

Real freaky that the tunes? are still stuck in the grey matter.

oz

• St George of England
    St George of England
    "ours is the god of true prophecy". Is that saying there are other gods?)

Of course, unshackled,

'other god's just cannot see

what in future days will be...'

For witnesses they look all in vain

Since none their godship can maintain'

All together now for the rousing chorus....

'We're Jehovah's wit..............

Yup, it's still in the book, Song 31.

George

PS Sorry if such memories ruin your Bank Holiday Monday!

• RADHESYAM
    RADHESYAM

WOW is there a ew song book? dont they use the old shitty brown ones anymore?

the one that sticks on my head is "always remember your God in your youth"

you know- "out of the mouth of babes God once brought Praise, they to hail jesus their voices did raise blah blah" (reverse syntax there)

its the ONLY song i know how to play on piano aside from chopsticks. SO when my kids ask me to show them how to play pianao its the one thing I play but I never tell them what the song is.

without a doubt the most popular songin our congo was "A paradise the earth will be with eyes of faith this we can see...."

DOes anyone recall what is the song that is the same tune as a christmas carol? that used to get all the teen boys cracking up whenever we sang it.

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

Don't worry unshackled. That song that was in your head was "old light". If I remember they took that song and changed the meoldy of the song. It now sounds like a dirge. Something like this "All my god we are JW's! I can't believe I was caught in this cult. Ours is a god of false prophecy. What the GB fortells never comes to be. LOL Just start singing that. Totally ADD

• ambersun
    ambersun

One of the first Kingdom melodies I ever heard was "Be Like Jeremiah", which still comes into my head from time to time. It made me laugh because I had a tortoise called Jeremy and used to imagine being like him, sticking my head inside my shell and ignoring people. Within a few years I started to wish I had, indeed, followed the good example of my tortoise

• KW13
    KW13

I get the odd one stuck in my head, its because they were drummed into your head, week in and week out.

• cult classic
    cult classic

I REALLY hate when a Kingdom Maladie pops in my head...

Anyone else suffer panic attacks when they hear the new stuff???

YES Dario. I was at a funeral last year and almost passed out when they played the new flavored funeral song...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit