Damn you Kingdom Melodies! Damn you to hell...

by unshackled 44 Replies latest jw friends

• unshackled
    unshackled

I haven't been anywhere near a JW meeting or convention in at least 8 or 9 years. But this afternoon, I'm doing some weed trimming and suddenly realized I had this lyric playing in my head…over and over...
    "Ours is the god of true prophecy,
    what he foretells come to be."

WTF? That's the 'We're Jehovah Witnesses' song. Where did that come from and why is it playing in my head? Not sure how long it was there or what thoughts triggered it, but I obviously gapped out. I wanted to punt my brain into the next yard. (BTW…what does that mean exactly: "ours is the god of true prophecy". Is that saying there are other gods?)

Think I've caught myself with the 'Move Ahead' song playing at times too. Does anyone else have those wretched "cult classics" - the kingdom melodies - pop in their head still? Do you find yourself singing them out of nowhere? Which ones?

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Why did I open this thread???

Damn you, unshackled!!!

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

Ugh YES! The Looney Tunes one...

How pleasant to see brothers All dwell in unity...

Unity, my ass...

But usually it's just in my head and not an outward hum...

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Cult classic is the right word. Thats why the song still comes up in your brain.

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

I seem to remember that many of the lyrics were written in backwards syntax, like Yoda-speak. "Far from this world we keep clear"..or some such shite.

• elderelite
    elderelite

LOLOLOL!!!!! this is where still going to a few meetings puts me one up!!! you see, they have changed all the words and melodies to the old songs so that they are no longer catchy or even remotly singable, so I dont have that problem

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

I suggest you replace it with "Doomsday Jesus".

• GOrwell
    GOrwell

When you hear the same melody, if you can call it that, at least a few times a year (and many times a year, depending on the song), I'd be surprised if you didn't recall them every once in awhile.. I expect how the brain operates will be a mystery for at least another 15-20 years.

• unshackled
    unshackled
    Why did I open this thread??? Damn you, unshackled!!!

Sorry about that poopsie. Here let me make it up to you...

"Sing out with joy of heart, you too can have a part, live for the day when you'll say, life without end at last."

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Well that's just mean.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit