I've Decided That It'll Be Best For Me To Return To The Kingdom Hall.

by Philadelphia Ponos 116 Replies latest jw friends

• bohm
    bohm

Get a new job.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

You don't need us to give you permission. We are not the Witnesses. You are an adult, free to make mistakes or achieve great things.

Jobs and religious beliefs are a bizarre link. Munitions work I could understand would be troubling. BLue collar guys. Come on. Have you considered that if you want to purchase a gun, you might need professional help. If that was your true wish, you may be extremely depressed. It is not a normal reaction. Fantasizing about it might be normal. If you have trouble with them, just wait until you witness to them. The gun is very troubling. Running to the JWs will not solve the gun wish.

It would be normal to be overwhelmed when you first leave. If you reach out to people, it will pass. It certainly did for me.

• unshackled
    unshackled

There is a disconnect there PP. The solution to a bad work environment is going back to the Kingdom Hall? A pile-on-the-pain strategy?

• designs
    designs

Is it April 1st..........

• gutted
    gutted

As stated your job sucks and it is obviously having a very negative impact on you. You are needing emotional support, do you have any friends or family outside of JWs you can confide in?

Quitting your job or talking with management would be great, but you can only guage that for yourself.

I honestly think you will not get the support you need at the hall. You are also stereotyping "worldly people" by the few people in your place of work as all being like that. Trust me they are not, and I can tell you that from experience. Just like at the hall, some are great and some are plainly just rude assholes.

Good luck!

• Maze
    Maze

The evidence is everywhere that the world in many respects is a meat grinder.

“Also, there will be signs in sun and moon and stars, and on the earth anguish of nations, not knowing the way out because of the roaring of the sea and [its] agitation, while men become faint out of fear and expectation of the things coming upon the inhabited earth; for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. Luke 21:25-26

Randall Watters, Barbara Anderson and their cronies at freeminds.org claim they're all about freedom but are really leading people into a tumultuous world with no guidance whatsoever.

These are fountains without water, and mists driven by a violent storm, and for them the blackness of darkness has been reserved. For they utter swelling expressions of no profit, and by the desires of the flesh and by loose habits they entice those who are just escaping from people who conduct themselves in error. While they are promising them freedom, they themselves are existing as slaves of corruption. 2 Peter 2:17-19

It would be in your best interests to get back to the meetings and pursue happiness there.

• godrulz
    godrulz

You may be going back to former comfortable, controlled settings as a panacea or placebo, but it is not what you really need. A cult can provide shelter, security, etc., but at what price (your freedom, your soul)?! What you really need is to come to the real Jesus who will transform you and then associate with a true church, not a cult. Going back to Mormonism is just as dumb. Why not find the truth instead of the false security of the lie? You have other alternatives besides returning to a cult. Smoking or drugs might help you feel better. If one quits, the answer is not to go back to these things to cope with stress. It is to find other solutions that are not harmful. KH is harmful and will still mean you have still have to deal with real life. You need the power of God, not conformity to a religion that is not true.

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Going back to the KH will only serve to intensify the anger and frustration of the work environment imo.....why dont you get a different job?

Going back and fitting in again...mmm....do you really want to be associating with a religion that protects paedophiles and gives glory to the Gb NOT God? You can be spiritual without the JW....try a few other churches maybe?

The world is much bigger than alcohol, sex, drugs, clubs....you need to broaden your horizons and look for new interests, meet new people.

• bohm
    bohm

seriously, maze might be in your kingdom hall.

i rest my case.

• Philadelphia Ponos
    Philadelphia Ponos

Just a little background to makes thing clearer. I originally left 3 years and 10 months ago. I left because of the idolatry of the Governing Body. Keep in my life I left when the Revelation book was being studied, the typical idolatry we see in the weekly study is never that bad. When I return however I won't go out in field service nor join the school and I will split my time between serveral congregations and not become a member of a single congregation. I understand there will be some negeatives to returning, but I believe they will be outweighed by the positives.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit