I've Decided That It'll Be Best For Me To Return To The Kingdom Hall.

by Philadelphia Ponos 116 Replies latest jw friends

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

As someone else mentioned -- talk to management or Human Relations. The problem really seems, to me anyway, is that you are being bullied. There are laws about that.

But...going back to the KH will simply 'cement' your differences and intolerance (they notice...!) . And, going back...will undo all the good progress you've made walking away.

Please don't walk bacward. I'm sure you remember the 'why's' of leaving...

Good Luck

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Receiving Holy Spirit Through the Congregation

Is this the only way to gain holy spirit? Can't a person receive holy spirit by requesting it of Jehovah in prayer?
  • Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Marked for later.

Loz x

• Maze
    Maze
    Is this the only way to gain holy spirit? Can't a person receive holy spirit by requesting it of Jehovah in prayer?

Jesus instructed his disciples to have love amongst themselves.

I am giving you a new commandment, that you love one another; just as I have loved you, that you also love one another. By this all will know that you are my disciples, if you have love among yourselves. John 13:34-35

This commandment could not be fulfilled if Christians were alienated from each other, divided and leaderless.

And let us consider one another to incite to love and fine works, not forsaking the gathering of ourselves together, as some have the custom, but encouraging one another, and all the more so as you behold the day drawing near. Hebrews 10:24-25

Hebrews 10:24-25 is a declaration of Christian works.

Indeed, as the body without spirit is dead, so also faith without works is dead. James 2:26

The answer is no. While prayer is important, a person cannot receive God's spirit if they deliberately alienate themselves from his visible organization.

• Paulapollos
    Paulapollos

Maze,

you speak nonsense. John 13:34-35 has nothing to do with association with a visible organisation, and neither does Hebrews. You are Biblically-illiterate, and you know it. Of course a person can get holy spirit by asking for it:

New International Version(©1984)
    But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you

John 14:26

Darby Bible Translation
    If ye shall ask anything in my name, I will do it.

John 14:14

PP, I hope your decision makes you happy. It seems to me you are going back for the social aspect, as well as to feel more comfortable with people you feel share your morals. Good luck to you sir.

PP

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

This thread depresses me... mainly because I've found good friends outside of the JW's who aren't into the stuff you listed.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo
    a person cannot receive God's spirit if they deliberately alienate themselves from his visible organization.

Maze, that's rubbish. That firstly presupposes that any earthly organisation is the equivalant of God and secondly, in context, that the WT is such an organisation. Paulapollos is absolutely right, neither of those passages is talking about an organisation.

Can't a person receive holy spirit by requesting it of Jehovah in prayer?

Serenitynow, God the Creator of Heaven and Earth, who loves each one of us and sent his only Son to earth to die for us, cannot be limited by teachings of any organisation, no matter how loudly it tells itself that it is God's organisation. Do you think an all-powerful, wise and loving God can be limited as to how he sends his Holy Spirit? Just as the wind blows where it pleases, the Spirit of God will do as God wills, at his pleasure and when he chooses, and we know that we only have to ask and we will receive. Of course you can ask for the Holy Spirit in prayer, and God will be answering your request before you've even made it, since he can read your heart.

That's my take on it anyway. That's my understanding of what the Bible says.

• godrulz
    godrulz

JW congregations are not Christian, just cultic. The Bible does teach that the Holy Spirit indwells believers. Fellowship is important, but not a condition for relationship with God. The NWT distorts verses about the Holy Spirit and Jesus. Maze is spouting WT stuff that is not biblical. iRobot.

• wobble
    wobble

I too have good friends who have never been JW's who are wonderful. moral people that I admire.

They truly care about us.

The social side of JW's was very strong in my old Congo. in fact a lot of the people who were there had drifted in from other congo's because they are party animals, but I would never ever go back, even though I miss some of my lifetime friends, I was born in, and in for 58 years.

I have moved on to a better place, where genuine friends enjoy our company because of our real personality, who we really are, it is so much better as a place to be than the false cult world of JW's.

Whatever you decide, remember you can always find support here.

Stay safe, stay happy.

• nugget
    nugget

It seems to me you present your life as two choices whereas life is much broader then that. you also present people as two options but that is not the case. If the choice is etween killing your colleagues or becoming a witness again then you should go back. But perhaps you should change your job in the first instance to help give you some mental peace. I would also seek some professional help regarding the violent thoughts you are having.

Idolatory is that bad so if that was your original reason for leaving then things have not changed so this may cause you mental anguish as well.

As a witness we do not proactively seek friendship as they are part of the deal. We make minimal effort since we become familiar with others through the book study and get togethers. We are bad at making friends. Outside the organisation it is common for people to make an effort when they want to meet new people who have similar tastes and habits and they are proactive. They take classes they go to events that they would enjoy, they take up hobbies and interact with others. Perhaps this is something you could do as well. This way if the congregation does not work out you are building a support system away from the organisation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit