My Uncle is Dying.

by LouBelle 34 Replies latest jw friends

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

So sorry LouBelle - 55 is no age. I hope he's 'comfortable'.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

sorry for your loss! 55 is too young! Yes education is key. He probably started 15 years ago. love him now and again sorry for your pain and I hope he has great docs and nurses that are keeping him comfortable

• VIII
    VIII

LouBelle, I am very sorry about your Uncle.

What you wrote was very insightful. Hugs.

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

Lou~ I'm so sorry for you and your family and what you're all going through along with your uncle. I hope you are all finding strength in each other while you are caring for him and loving him for the time he's still with you. Thank you for the reminder as well. My mom had endometrial cancer and thankfully they got it in time and she's still here, I have an aunt who had ovarian cancer and survived it, and a few other family members have had cancer as well...and me, I'm stupidly stubborn and hate going to the doctor, but this reminder was something I needed. So thank you!

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

So sorry...peace and strength to you and yours.

• cult classic
    cult classic

Wishing you the strength to get through this difficult time.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

So sorry to hear about your uncle.

• Dagney
    Dagney

How wonderful for your uncle to have your family by his side during this time. Wishing you and yours strength and peace.

• itscrap&theyknowit!
    itscrap&theyknowit!

Hello, Lou - I cried so hard upon reading this. I share your pain and I do pray that Jehovah will bless your family with peace of mind...most of all your uncle.

I love the way you 'physically' gave us a picture of your dear uncle before this cancer ravaged his body. Our beloved Dad was taken away from us last summer in 2010 due to colorectal cancer. He was not just stunning in appearance but, EVERYBODY ABSOLUTELY LOVED HIM! He was taken down to nothing once the cancer took his last breath. I cry for him everyday because, 'how can a person who loves life so much be diminished to less than zero and then be without the glorious breath of life'??????? Just sad.

But, you are right in this regard....LET YOUR UNCLE KNOW THAT HE IS LOVED!!!!! That's what we did with Dad. He expressed to us his love, his anger why he had to leave but at the same time, always stoic and uplifting.

Upon leaving, he told us all, "I love U". Then, he fell asleep in death.

I hope there is a resurrection for all of us to share life again. This COULDN"T be all there is.....

Be strong.....

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

I'm so sorry for what you and your family are going through right now. Wishing you peace and comfort at this time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit