My Uncle is Dying.

by LouBelle 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

How very sad. How wonderful though that he has you and other loving family around him to help him through this terrible illness. You are so right ...cancer makes us sit up and think. Take care. Sending hugs.

Loz x

• nugget
    nugget

I've done this for hubbys aunt and visited her in hospital and then a year later in the hospice and watched her die. The feeling of anger and hopelessness and the feeling that she had so much more life to live is crushing.

This is a vile disease that is so drawn out that people run out of energy and just want it all to be over. It takes it's toll on everyone who suffers mentally because there is a limit to what you can do.

I am so sorry for your pain. Being there counts for a lot and being there for the long term means everything no one should face this alone.

• Quandry
    Quandry

Lou Belle,

There is some good news in this, and it is that he has family who loves him and cares for him so much. No one knows when they will die, and when all is said and done, no one wants to die alone and forgotten. You have seen to it that this will not befall him.

• Guest with Questions
    Guest with Questions

Lou Belle, I'm so so sorry to hear about your uncle. But wonderful to hear that he has loved ones around him. My brother-in-law passed away from cancer 15 years ago. We were with him 24/7 the last few days of his life. There were other patients on that floor that had no-one. When I no longer have to work I want to volunteer at the hospice. No one should have to be alone during their last days.

You are doing much more than you realize. You're showing your uncle your love for him.

A friend, who is a nurse, gave us the following link. It's an important message that may help prevent cancer among your loved ones.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4jgUcxMezM&feature=share

• flipper
    flipper

LOUBELLE- I'm so sorry your uncle is going through this devastating condition my friend. My wife said she wishes you lived closer to us out here in California. You have always been dear to our hearts as a poster. You are a great person and we enjoy your takes on things . We send all our love and thoughts to you . May you have strength to get through this. You, your family, and your uncle as well. Sincerely, Mr. & Mrs. Flipper

• chickpea
    chickpea

so sorry to learn of this unfolding sorrow
    for you and your family... i hope you all
    find support and comfort in family ties....

thankfully you are shed the insincerity
    of the WTS and its minions

• darthfader
    darthfader

Loubelle, Im am so sorry to hear about your uncle.

Im 46 and have had an annual PE for the past 5 years. Not that Im predisposed or anything, its a simple procedure and a bit of embarrasment if you will, but it's critical in determining problems quickly!

Men, please get over yourselves and get checked annually!

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Loubelle -

OOXXOO -

I know exactly how you are feeling. i come from a cancer family. In the last 30 years every relative who died had cancer.

Live life. Love life. Know it for what it is. Love it for what it is. Then when the time comes, put it away, I say.

Let me know what's going on. My father died horribly of the big C.

PM me, if you need to. Maybe I can say something worthwhile in all this crap you're going through.

HB

• C6H12O6
    C6H12O6

Sounds like your uncle lived a good life. I wish you and your family well on his final days.

• White Dove
    White Dove

I'm so very sorry to hear of your uncle's slow and painful journey with this awful disease.

My grampa died from the same thing in November of '09, but he was 91, so at least there were no regrets about there being so much more life to live.

He left so many good memories that I will cherrish forever.

Your uncle is so blessed with family like you and yours.

I'm wondering how it's going with you being df'd and your relatives.

Are they in and being nice to you, or never in it?

Also, I thought health care places had nurses that cared for the patients' physical needs.

You don't have to answer my nosey questions.

You are a strong person.

Love, Dovey

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit