My Uncle is Dying.

by LouBelle 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

I'm so sorry to hear that Lou Belle...my FIL thought they had caught it all when he had his operation to remove the prostate but it reared it's ugly head again..they said he didn't need Chemo but I think he took radiation. When it later came back it went into bone cancer and he had a lot of pain..my mil had a hard time caring for him, We would go up on weekends but I am sure she could have used more help during the week..They were JW's and the JW's would stop to visit him but no one offered to stay with him while she went out for a while..she eventually had to quit the meetings and someone would tape them for her. It took about 2 years for him to die..

We have all been touched by illness and death and it's no wonder we flocked to the promise of the JW's to someday once again we can see our loved ones..lets hope they are right about that one..there's always hope..

Big hug..Snoozy

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Hello everyone for all your very kind words, hugs and blessings! My family is split in 2. My fathers' side never took to the JW faith, I have always been close with that side of my family even in the JW times, so we have just come together. My mothers' side is more the JW side and the majority are still in, they were not close with my uncle (from my fathers' side) He has the important people around him and that is key!

Any disease makes one sit up and think, take stock and truly be grateful for health, if you have it. That is what his journey has done for me, create an awareness about not only this disease and others but truly brought health to the forefront.

There are times, yes, when I feel totally spent and I find my fuse is short, god forbid it but even with my dear uncle. It is times like that I retreat to the solitude of my own little flat and just gain more strength for the next round.

I'll be preparing a really good home cooked roast over the weekend for him. He only has so many joys to partake of these days.

Mr Flipper - I'll be on my way to California (San Diego) in April 2012. Not too sure where you and Mrs. Flipper are but would somehow love to meet up with you guys - you have always been so resepectful of everyones' opinions and are fair in your dealings with everyone on here.

Again - thank you every body. It is encouraging to have support like this even though I haven't been that regular on here for a while. Love to all of you. I will share the strength and blessing with my uncle.

To those of you going through something similar, I know your heart.

• itscrap&theyknowit!
    itscrap&theyknowit!

The preparation of specific food s and things is one of the MOST wonderful gestures, LouBelle. That is so very kind of you.

It was so funny. Just 5 days before Dad passed he a LIST of things before he left this life. At 11:49PM! lol!!!! I was so happy and felt it a privilege to be there to go out and supply the last things he wanted to taste. The last 2 days, he didn't eat or drink anythingelse.

Your uncle will always have this thought of you in the recesses of his memory.

• Judicial Committee
    Judicial Committee

(Trust not in humans, trust in the one who made the everlasting sky, the earth and the things in it.)

After this night time of sorrow, with hungry hearts, all others will come forth from their graves ready to hear, seeking the full knowledge of the Lord. With Satan bound, they will have for the first time a reasonable opportunity to be brought to perfection and everlasting life. Jeremiah 31:34 says of that time, “...for they shall all know me from the least of them unto the greatest.” Verse 29 also shows that, for the majority of mankind, the kingdom will provide the first full, fair opportunity for salvation through the knowledge of Christ. They will no longer die for the inherited sins of their fathers but, if they refuse God’s generous mercy during the reign of righteousness, they will then die for their own iniquity. (Jeremiah 31:29, 30) By the end of this powerful lesson, every reformed sinner will have the law of God written in his heart. Jeremiah 31:33

• compound complex
    compound complex

I'm sorry, LouBelle, about your uncle's suffering. You've given him a loving tribute. He must really love you.

Thank you for the support and advice you offered me during my own mini health crisis. You were very kind and encouraging.

Love,

CoCo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit