Just wondering ....

by talesin 91 Replies latest jw friends

• Spiral
    Spiral

Images of spirals have been around since humanity started, many cultures use it in their art. It's in nature and in math.

So by JW standards it would have to be a pagan symbol. Sold!

• talesin
    talesin

Spiral, I have carved the circle of life into amulets to wear, it's a truly amazing and ancient symbol for the circle of life ....... you would probably like my little alabaster carvings. x : )

• talesin
  • Quarterback
    Quarterback

I chose Quarter Back because Talesin was already taken

• oppostate
    oppostate

Where's "Iamallcool"?

For ages I kept thinking it had to do with "llamas" until one day I realized the first letter was an "i". That is: "i am all cool"!

Yup, and PunkOfNice's nick sounded French to me as in "Nice" the city, not the adjective "nice"--I'm still not sure how to pronounce that, with a short or long "i" sound.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Tal, I always suspected that you had left out an "i."

But, I thought it referred to Frank Lloyd Wright's home and architecture school, Taliesin.

My name is a reference to the old book Listening to the Great Teacher that my parents studied with me when I was a kid. Not sure everyone here is old enough to remember it. Also, I am a teacher, so...

I had to add the extra r when I joined this site (I was GreatTeacher on the old JWSF) because GreatTeacher was already taken, though I've never seen hid nor hair of him or her.

But, I kind of regret it. If you don't know that book from the '60s /70s, then it sounds like I'm bragging. I'm a perfectly adequate teacher, but I wouldn't call myself "great."

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Talesin, I've always liked reading your posts. If you ever plan to visit Montreal, you are welcome to join us for dinner.

• cofty
    cofty

Talesin WTF was that rant about?

This is perhaps the 4th or 5th time you have gone off on one at me in the past few years. As usual I have not got a clue what I did to provoke this. I have never "stabbed Simon in the back" - he is welcome to read my entire PM history but I'm sure he has better things to do. You should know by now if I have something to say about somebody I say it to their face.

I have no idea what happened to your message but you are welcome to PM me with your angry rants anytime. If you want to show off and play the drama queen/victim in front of an audience leave me out of it.

• Doctor Who
    Doctor Who

Doctor Who. The greatest show in tv history....at least in my book. When I saw it was available I was like, "OH YEAH!"

• faithnomore
    faithnomore

I no longer have faith in religion period.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit